What time to arrive at Port Of Miami?

jlk806

For the Victory sailing July 2, we booked FTTF. Staying at a hotel in Miami beach, then we will need to return the rental car to the Budget near the port and possibly wait for a shuttle over.

-What time should we plan on arriving at Port if we want to be early onboard?

-Any suggestion what time we should be returning our rental car to get there around that time?

Thanks!

I wouldn't show up to the port much before 10:00 at the earliest. Don't know where the rental car drop off is, but hotel to port shouldn't be more than a 10-15 minute drive. Waiting for a shuttle- who knows?

I have always shown up to the port around 11:00-11:30 and (since I am platinum, like FTTF) and have walked right on and been in my room by noon.

So, just relax and enjoy the morning. Really no hurry to get there to early. The advantage of FTTF is when you get to the port, you will be on the ship quickly and enjoying a drink soon.

We arrived this past week at 11 and checked in but they made us wait until noon before they boarded anyone, and that was including FTTF and platinum members. We didn't purchase FTTF but I was so tired of waiting to get on when they called them to board my sister & I snuck in with a group and we got right on!

We did the same thing on the way off. They took our luggage at night and we just got off with the people that kept there luggage, was no big deal and it went much faster.

We arrived this past week at 11 and checked in but they made us wait until noon before they boarded anyone, and that was including FTTF and platinum members. We didn't purchase FTTF but I was so tired of waiting to get on when they called them to board my sister & I snuck in with a group and we got right on!

We did the same thing on the way off. They took our luggage at night and we just got off with the people that kept there luggage, was no big deal and it went much faster.

OH MY ain't you special! Bettern' the rest, eh?

Last time we used POM they didn't start boarding until around 11:30. There's really no benefit to getting there early since you have FTTF. I mean you can if you want to, and many people still do, but you'll just be waiting until boarding begins. The good thing about FTTF is, whenever you get there you have a held spot in the boarding line basically. So if boarding has begun already you'll have priority lines.

I would shoot for 11am and that way if you do have to wait, it won't be long.

• 2 months later...

Wow!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Classy! :mad:

For the Victory sailing July 2, we booked FTTF. Staying at a hotel in Miami beach, then we will need to return the rental car to the Budget near the port and possibly wait for a shuttle over.

-What time should we plan on arriving at Port if we want to be early onboard?

-Any suggestion what time we should be returning our rental car to get there around that time?

Thanks!

10-1030 is a good time.