NCL hotels in Venice

flyingA

Hi all....wondered if anyone has booked their NCL pre-cruise Hotel stay in Venice through the cruise line. If so, would appreciate the names of the hotels, perhaps location, and if already stayed at the hotel, a little critique and cost, perhaps. Would certainly appreciate it. Have been in Venice before, and wondered what NCL offered. Thanks

We stayed at the hotel popadopoli in Venice which was very close to where the busses drop you off from the airport. There was an NCL desk set up in the lobby so I guess they use that hotel.

It was nice, great location. Not too far from anything unless you have walking difficulties.

It was about 250 per night.

Thanks....appreciate the info. Anyone else? I have heard that many use NCL's hotels, and many others choose to do their own hotel. I would love to know any other NCL hotels. Thanks everyone.

I don't know what hotels NCL uses in Venice, but some of the cruise lines use hotels that are miles away on the Venetian mainland. (The so-called "Crowne Plaza Venice East" comes to mind.) Before booking, look up the hotel's location. Ideally, you'll want to be within walking distance of the Piazzale Roma, where you can take the People Mover elevated tramway or (if you prefer) a taxi to the Marittima cruise basin.

I don't know what hotels NCL uses in Venice, but some of the cruise lines use hotels that are miles away on the Venetian mainland. (The so-called "Crowne Plaza Venice East" comes to mind.) Before booking, look up the hotel's location. Ideally, you'll want to be within walking distance of the Piazzale Roma, where you can take the People elevated tramway or (if you prefer) a taxi to the Marittima cruise basin.

I did the NCL spirit cruise on 31 May. When booking the offered me the Crowne Plaza East. I ended up booking the hotel myself and saving a few bucks. Indeed, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere but it is right on the train line and an easy trip into Venice and quite frankly at least to me worth it in terms of the amount of money saved over hotels actually in Venice.

However, I understand many may not like this idea but I've been to Venice and have done most of what there is to do there so that wasn't a problem for me. Also this hotel will arrange a transfer from the airport if you make a reservation with it 1 day in advance of your arrival ad provides for €10 a transfer to the cruise port. It was a bit hectic that Sunday morning as there was the NCL transfer as well as the hotel transfer with everybody in the lobby at 11 AM but they got everything sorted out with no problem and the hotel transfer that morning dropped us right at the ship check in queue.

The only mild complaint is that since the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and since it was my choice not to take the easy train trip into Venice, I had to eat dinner in the hotel. But went to the bar, ordered a pizza and a beer and was fine.

We stayed at the hotel Olympia a 2 minute walk to the bus station and people mover. Lots of restaurants around and the price was about $150.00 per night... this was about 5 years ago. I would stay there again. Took the bus from the airport to the hotel.

It was our first time there and all went well coming and going.

Edited by NJGeorge

I took a Med cruise back in 2010 and some of our friends booked the NCL hotel, which was the Hilton Molina Stucky on Giudecca Island. We met them in the lobby and it looked like a really nice hotel - but you need to use their shuttle boat to get across the Grand Canal to the majority of the tourist locations.

Crowne Plaza East worked well for us, it was nice to meet a rep at the airport after an overnight flight from Newark. We did catch the vineyards on that trip, didn't have much else planned except stay awake until dinner and then falling asleep. The shuttle to the port the next morning had about 30 cruisers on it, went smoothly leaving the hotel shortly after 11 AM. If you want to tour Venice I would recommend one closer to the canals, probably more expensive.

Hi all....wondered if anyone has booked their NCL pre-cruise Hotel stay in Venice through the cruise line. If so, would appreciate the names of the hotels, perhaps location, and if already stayed at the hotel, a little critique and cost, perhaps. Would certainly appreciate it. Have been in Venice before, and wondered what NCL offered. Thanks

Expensive but worth it - NCL sponsored!

73pxeyJG

• 1 month later...

I'm narrowing my choices down for a 3 night stay post cruise in Venice. I plan to book on my own and am looking at moderate rate hotels in the San Marco area, with easy acces from the cruise port and then to the airport.

Does anyone have any experience with Hotel Paganelli, Hotel Campiello, or Palazzo Vitturi? I would love to hear about the hotel, the location, and ease of access. We'll be coming off of 2 cruises & over 3 weeks of travel, so we'll both have a large & a small suitcase to maneuver. We're not youngsters.

Thanks!!

We stayed at the Crown Plaza suites Venice East Quarto D'altino. Is 20 minutes away by train from Venice but OH so worth it. The train station is right behind the hotel, and the hotel itself sells you the train tickets. The last station is the Venice Station which is convenient. You will see a great difference in price, at the time we paid 90 Euros a day, it also includes breakfast. When the time came to go to the cruise we just hopped on the train went to Venice station and just walked with our bags to the cruise port you can also take a water taxi or water bus if you like. Good luck

Edited by qtaromar1970

Does anyone have any experience with Hotel Paganelli, Hotel Campiello, or Palazzo Vitturi? I would love to hear about the hotel, the location, and ease of access. We'll be coming off of 2 cruises & over 3 weeks of travel, so we'll both have a large & a small suitcase to maneuver. We're not youngsters.

Thanks!!

Have you asked this question on the PORTS OF CALL board for Europe/Italy threads??