Changing Beverage Package (123go)

Vikstar

Sorry about another drink's thread!

We've received a Classic Beverage package each through the 123 go promo. Problem is, I hardly drink alcohol and would much prefer the Premium Non Alcoholic Package to access the smoothies, premium teas etc. Is Celebrity likely to allow me to swap these over? Has anyone had success in doing this? Are they likely to charge?

reports on this board are that Celebrity has not been allowing a switch from Classic Alcohol to Premium Non-Alcohol. Maybe one or two have said that they were successfu, so it is worth asking on board, but I wouldn't count on it as you will most likely be denied

yes it seems silly but that is what has been reported. Or, you could just pay as you go, when you order something off the Classic package, that might be considerably less money than buying a Premium non-alcoho by the daily rate for the duration of the cruise

We had the free Classic beverage package last October on Summit, and were able to get all the specialty coffees and teas, as well as the smoothies at the Aqua Spa Cafe. We never tried to get a non-alcoholic frozen drink, but I'm pretty sure we could have. Bottom line, unless something has changed from last year, the non-alcoholic drinks you want are allowed under the free package you already have.

Edited by Lysingers
Spelling

My TA was able to get me the Classic Non-Alcohol package and I'll pay to upgrade it on the ship. It's like $4 a day I think. I want the fizzy water :D

Edited by sr4mjc

My OH downgraded last year on Eclipse. Went to guest relations on boarding and they had a preprinted form to sign agreeing you want to downgrade and won't get any money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had the free Classic beverage package last October on Summit, and were able to get all the specialty coffees and teas, as well as the smoothies at the Aqua Spa Cafe. We never tried to get a non-alcoholic frozen drink, but I'm pretty sure we could have. Bottom line, unless something has changed from last year, the non-alcoholic drinks you want are allowed under the free package you already have.

You will be able to get most drinks you mentioned...perhaps all but I did not try. Definitely smoothies and fresh squeezed choices.

I was on Silhouette about a month ago. I also wanted the premium non alcohol package but had the classic package. They would not change it. We tried guest relations and the martini bar. There was no problem obtaining all the bubbly water we wanted. In fact, most of the time we were given Pellegrino as they ran out of the classic brand. We had teas, diet cokes, and lots of bubbly water.....Thought it would be an issue and it never was.

I received two classic beverage packages as part of my perks for a March 2016 sailing. I was told by Celebrity that I can upgrade to the Premium Package for an additional $110 for both of us at any bar when we board the Ship.

That is correct you can upgrade once on board. The cost is $10.00 +18% gratuity per person per day. So 7 night cruise would $165.20.

this past February I "downgraded" my Classic Package to a Premium Non-Alcoholic Package by calling Celebrity about 2 weeks prior to our cruise. I like Pellegrino and the Classic doesn't include it. My husband upgrades his package to Premium (with alcohol) as well. That cost us $82.60. It took a few minutes on the phone with a representative but I was able to get my package changed for a fee of $33.04. I honestly don't know exactly how they came up with that fee and didn't bother to figure it out. It seemed reasonable enough to get what I wanted.

It is silly, isn't it? The premium NA costs a fraction of the Classic Alcohol package. I'm not sure why it's an issue.

The only non-alcohol drinks I encountered I couldn't get with the Classic Alcohol package were the Vitamin Waters. I was interested in trying the zero-calorie lemonade to have a change of pace from Coke Zero and Sprite Zero, but it wasn't covered. I don't drink Evian or Pelligrino, but I gather they are not included. Everything else was available. Virgin cocktails, juice, canned iced tea, soda, bottled (still) water, fancy coffee drinks, etc.