How Early Do You Start Packing ? :p

JoeTN

So here I am 42 days out, and I've already found myself going to storage to get my suitcases, and I'm almost having to fight the urge to start packing now, so I'm just wondering how far out ya'll start packing your stuff ?

6 weeks to go, and I wanna pack for something thats 5 days long *sighs* :p

I am so ashamed. I started making lists weeks ago and what I really mean is months. I am four weeks out now and the piles are growing all over the bedroom (since I am the only one who cares what the guys wear I have to know what they are taking. They would wear ripped jeans daily and be happy. Well the 8 year old is starting to give a hoot now).

I have the suitcases out and ready to go. It's all part of the fun for me though. See? You're thinking about packing. You really do want to go :) (this is a repsonse to another thread were the OP has concerns about not having fun).

See? You're thinking about packing. You really do want to go :) (this is a repsonse to another thread were the OP has concerns about not having fun).

*GRINS*

I just keep thinking about the Yellowbird Party Cruise, endless rum-punch and generally being in the Bahamas in the middle of November :-D

I just started packing this week. However, the boys don't pack until the night before and always forget something that they need. That's why my list of what to pack contains things that they may need and I pick them up while I am shopping for my things.

We leave on Oct 1st and I'll start packing about Sept 26th or 27th. Heck if I wanted to I could actually do it the day we leave but then I'm sure that I'll forget something regardless of the fact if it's on the stupid list or not....I hate it when that happens. :)

So here I am 42 days out, and I've already found myself going to storage to get my suitcases, and I'm almost having to fight the urge to start packing now, so I'm just wondering how far out ya'll start packing your stuff ?

6 weeks to go, and I wanna pack for something thats 5 days long *sighs* :p

I just packed yesterday for our family. We will be on the boat a week from now. I was going to wait til like Friday or Saturday but realized we have way too many clothes to begin with , so why not pack now and be done with it.

I start gathering stuff and stashing it in the guestroom closet early on (i.e., I'm 114 days from sailing and the "formal night" stuff is already in there). Anything that needs ironing gets ironed about 30 days out. The suitcase/garment bag gets pulled out about two weeks in advance and both are packed (with garment bag hanging over door) about a week in advance. The carry on bag gets packed about two days before I leave.

When I was a kid, I got new clothes just before school. As an adult, I get new clothes just before a cruise. :D

I packed some things when I was about as far out as your are. They were mostly toilettries and the thinks I bought after I read all the excellent tips on this board. I had my clothes packed for a week now. :o ( 14 days out)

I know I am insane, but I justify it by saying that I just want to make sure I don't forget anything.:rolleyes:

JoeTn~

It's so nice to see a fellow Tennessean and even better...somebody from Murfreesboro! How funny! We are sailing on the Fantasy on October 23rd! I hope there is alcohol left for you when we get off the ship! ;)

As far as packing, I'm so last minute. I know exactly what I'll bring...but it won't get thrown in a suitcase until a day or two before. Now this year since we are bringing our daughter...I may have to be a little more organzed and anal about her stuff.

You should hop over to the roll call board and visit our Fantasy Cruisers...Come On In thread!

I have an ongoing list of what to pack - just keep adding things or sometimes taking things off the list. I start gathering things together about 2 weeks before we leave and put them in a spare bedroom. I actually pack my suitcases 2 days before we leave and of course the day we fly out, I finish putting things in my carry on. I vowed to take less this cruise and mix and match more clothing. I want to try to take only one suitcase and a carry on - not sure I can do that, though.

We usually cruise after the cold weather starts so I will take out the suitcases in the fall and start putting our summer clothes in them since we wont be using them anymore. Then about 3 wks before cruise I will go through everything and pick out what we will take and start packing. I also keep a running list of things I will need to buy or pack and bring that out periodically and gather it together in a smaller suitcase until a couple of days before the cruise. Example: my Relief Band, suntan lotion, etc... Have a great time.

We always cruise in March . So at the end of the summer when it's time to switch to warmer clothes, I just put the things I want for the cruise in a suitcase in the corner of my room. Then I keep a list of other things that will be needed. It's much easier than digging out the trunk of summer clothes to go through. I do it for both my girls and my husband as well. Works for us and keeps the anticipation at a fun level.

I start buying the bonine, waterless soap, small bottles of mouthwash,tylenol,bottled water,etc etc as soon as I book a new cruise. I keep it all together in one box in my closet.

About a week before the cruise, I get everything out of the box, all clothes I plan on taking-which means washing and ironing-Checking over my list and then placing everything together in one spot.

Two days before the cruise I pack everything except for my carry on bag- That is done about 30 minutes before I walk out the door.

Laura

Archived