Photos of New American Table and American Feast Menus (from 6/19 8 Day Breeze Cruise)

Hello all,

I just got back from my cruise a few days again and, as promised, I have photos of all the new American Table and American Feast dinner menus from the MDR!

*Just a little disclaimer, I started taking photos of the actual menus and the lighting just made them look awful. They were hard to read and covered in shadows. (Props to Zydeco for always having outstanding menu photos). Anyway, I ended up taking photos of the menus from the in-room TV system and compiling everything in Photoshop. Because of this, there are obvious lines where photos were spliced together, so I turned them all black and white to make them a little less distracting to look at. Also, they don't all look exactly like they do on paper, due to TV formatting. But rest assured, all the info is there. Last, I only have one photo with the wine menu, as it repeats every night. The same goes both for the After Dinner Cocktails and Premium Coffee sections.

Anyway, that's that. Enjoy!

To start, here is a photo I snapped of the "American Table" table. :)

DSC00458.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. Dont have time to read it through now, but will bookmark it for later. I am a little concerned that we may not like the new menu as well as the old. Not very adventurous eaters, but it's all good. Just cant wait to get our vacation started.

Thanks so much for posting these menus. We had American Table on Liberty in 2014. Last January (2015) we had the old menus.

I'm happy that Strawberry Bisque & Creme broulee are now back on American Table Menu.

The hostess on our 2014 cruise (we did B2B) asked me at the beginning of the 2nd cruise, how I liked the new American Table menu. I said I missed the strawberry bisque & creme broulee. She arranged for us to have both on the last night of the cruise.

Edited by Sparky2

Thanks for posting.

Looks like I am in for a week of a lot of Indian food, but that is not surprising, I never really cared for many Carnival entrees.

My surprise is that it looks like it will be hard to find an appetizer I like. That has never been a problem in the past.

Now I'm sad again that the Pride isn't getting these menus this year.

I guess an early January roll out for the Pride is too much to ask of Carnival. I was really hoping to try them on the Journey cruises in January 2016.

I'm still surprised that even after seeing the menus that people aren't able to find something to eat! There were nights on Liberty last year that I had two appetizers because I couldn't choose just one! I loved the Port of Call options, really makes every itinerary an adventure in new foods. DH tried rabbit and wished he had ordered more. Now he loves his meat and potatoes, but he has developed an adventuresome palate and knows if doesn't like his first choice, he can order something else.

I thought the variety of soups were really good. The various flatbread apps were great. Shrimp cocktail every night.

The main thing to me is with the grill options there was always chicken, pork chops, a steak and fish entree for those who aren't looking to try something different.

No problem, everyone!

After experiencing American Table, I have to say, I like it better than the old menus. I agree with the previous poster that it was hard to only choose one appetizer! There are a lot of new, interesting choices. While a change has been implemented, there are still a lot of the classic favorites too. I think Carnival is trying to strike a balance between old and new, based on customer feedback.

As far as the tables go, I LOVED having a pitcher of my own water at the table. The waiters are so overworked, it's one less thing for them to think about. They still do it if your glass is running low, but I liked being able to pour it for myself. They also give each table its own bread basket - I like this, but we often turned it away because we didn't want to waste it if we knew we would only eat one or two pieces. Last, and sorry to all that love the tablecloths, but we quite enjoyed the look of the new tables. It really reminded me of the steakhouse and sort of felt upscale. Also, think of all the time the waitstaff is saving not having to change them between meals. On the plus side, American Feast "elegant" nights still adorn tables with the beloved white fabric tablecloths.

All I can say is, with all the panic over these menus, just go into the MDR with an open mind. You'll be surprised to find the food is actually very good. I was upset when I initially heard of the change, but trust me, it's all good. :)

Thank you for the menus. Can you tell me which menus are used on 4 days cruises?:confused: Thanka in advance.

You're welcome!

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure which menus are used for shorter cruises. Typically, they just use a few menus from longer cruises. However, in this case, it depends if they've rolled out American Table or are still using the old menus on your ship.

Edited by michigancruiser0715

No problem, everyone!

After experiencing American Table, I have to say, I like it better than the old menus. I agree with the previous poster that it was hard to only choose one appetizer! There are a lot of new, interesting choices. While a change has been implemented, there are still a lot of the classic favorites too. I think Carnival is trying to strike a balance between old and new, based on customer feedback.

As far as the tables go, I LOVED having a pitcher of my own water at the table. The waiters are so overworked, it's one less thing for them to think about. They still do it if your glass is running low, but I liked being able to pour it for myself. They also give each table its own bread basket - I like this, but we often turned it away because we didn't want to waste it if we knew we would only eat one or two pieces. Last, and sorry to all that love the tablecloths, but we quite enjoyed the look of the new tables. It really reminded me of the steakhouse and sort of felt upscale. Also, think of all the time the waitstaff is saving not having to change them between meals. On the plus side, American Feast "elegant" nights still adorn tables with the beloved white fabric tablecloths.

All I can say is, with all the panic over these menus, just go into the MDR with an open mind. You'll be surprised to find the food is actually very good. I was upset when I initially heard of the change, but trust me, it's all good. :)

I agree with all that you said. I have not experienced the new menus yet, but they look pretty good. I am not that picky of an eater, so I should have no trouble finding something. Tablecloths are no big deal to me either; would love having a pitcher of water at the table too.:)