Stay away from American Airlines Code Shared flights with British Air

Mapu

British Airways sent a text about 3 hours before we were leaving for MIA. The text said that our flight 7/3/2015 @ 5:05 PM was DELAYED until 7/4/2015 until 5:05PM. Since we booked on the American website I called AA after British airways agreed that it was more than a delay but amounted to a cancellation of their flight. BA had later flights today but said I would have to go to the airport to rebook or call American since my booking was done on the AA website. I called AA and had them book me on an AA flight at 7:30PM. Our flight on BA was a code shared flight with American and BA should have been able to change our flights. There should have been a smoother process to rebook our flight since it was a code shared flight. Buyer beware!

Hi

Will keep this in mind as that's what we are doing in November but booked everything through UK TA

As its my first time doing these flights plus connections has me worried but could just be over thinking things will keep fingers crossed for smooth travels;);)