Beverages, what's included/not included and when?

I am trying to decide whether I should purchase a beverage package(soda) for our upcoming Norwegian Pearl cruise to Alaska. The package is 58$ per adult. What beverages are included in your cruise fare? Are beverages(non alcohol) include at dinner/lunch/breakfast? Or are they an additional cost? If I'm sitting poolside, or wandering the ship are beverages available or only available for purchase? Thanks

I've seen free water, coffee, iced tea/hot tea, lemonade, and a few different fruit juices (usually found in the buffet) as far as soda, it's not offered free of charge.

Edited by bbryan5

Flavored waters after breakfast are available all day in the buffet. Juices in the morning (just not the fresh squeezed ones). Milk available when the buffet is serving meals.

Ice tea and Iced water as well as milk in the Dining rooms all day.

The soda card is only a value if you drink more than 6 a day. IF you do get the sticker you are not given cans only fountain soda in a glass filled with ice. Pepsi products only and no juices.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Flavored waters after breakfast are available all day in the buffet. Juices in the morning (just not the fresh squeezed ones). Milk available when the buffet is serving meals.

Ice tea and Iced water as well as milk in the Dining rooms all day.

Add lemonade = also served in the Dining rooms all day.

Harriet

Having a balcony room our drink packages were free - but I know we would have gotten the soda one for sure either way. No my husband used the adult package a lot. The soda package was 5.95 per day for our kids and well worth it. The adult beverage package was $59 a day which gives you any drink up to $11. Every drink we got was under $11 including all alcoholic drinks, frozen blended drinks, mixed drinks, beer, wine etc.

The big issue is that you don't necessarily have easy access to the free drink options everywhere. Except for the buffet & dining rooms, the only thing that's easily accessible is ice water from the bars. That may not be a problem but you should have that information.

I am trying to decide whether I should purchase a beverage package(soda) for our upcoming Norwegian Pearl cruise to Alaska. The package is 58$ per adult. What beverages are included in your cruise fare? Are beverages(non alcohol) include at dinner/lunch/breakfast? Or are they an additional cost? If I'm sitting poolside, or wandering the ship are beverages available or only available for purchase? Thanks

Breakfast in the MDR, several juice choices,coffee, tea or milk: The buffet there are a couple choices of juice and of course coffee, tea or milk. Lunch, pretty much coffee, tea or milk plus lemonade. The same with dinner; nothing by the pool unless you go inside yourself and get coffee or tea. That is pretty much it. I am sure I am missing a few drinks, but not many.

Java Cafe is not included on any package though I did hear that if you have booze added, it is covered on the booze or CHOB promo. GO FIGURE ! :rolleyes:

Java Cafe specialty coffees are not included in the CHOB promo - with or without alcohol. My understanding is that if you order a regular, nonspecialty coffee and ask for a shot of booze (whiskey, baileys, etc.) to be added, then it would be covered under the UBP. Maybe that is what you meant, but your post made it sound like specialty coffees with alcohol are included under the promo, which I thnk is incorrect.

Java Cafe specialty coffees are not included in the CHOB promo - with or without alcohol. My understanding is that if you order a regular, nonspecialty coffee and ask for a shot of booze (whiskey, baileys, etc.) to be added, then it would be covered under the UBP. Maybe that is what you meant, but your post made it sound like specialty coffees with alcohol are included under the promo, which I thnk is incorrect.

Thanks for clarifying. That makes more sense. :)