Virus Warning ????

Harley0711

Hello all:

I think I may have pinpointed the specific rogue ad being served that caused these issues and have asked that it be blocked from our site. We did this yesterday afternoon, so we hope we got the right one.

It is now 8:37am ET Tuesday -- if you have issues after this time please post here.

Laura

Glad you could narrow it down. :)

Hello all:

I think I may have pinpointed the specific rogue ad being served that caused these issues and have asked that it be blocked from our site. We did this yesterday afternoon, so we hope we got the right one.

It is now 8:37am ET Tuesday -- if you have issues after this time please post here.

Laura

It just happened to me again 7:30 am CA time.

I had been traveling since all this started and accessing Cruise Critic only from my iPad, so I was a bit trepidatious when I got here via my laptop this morning. No issues at all for me, running Norton Antivirus. Maybe I just didn't get "the" ad loaded on my page.

I conducted a search for the domain Colo Cruiser posted (don't click on that link!) and found another forum whose members experienced similar behavior and one of them captured that domain name and added it to their HOSTS file for blocking.

For those who are still experiencing issues: Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then restarting the browser.

There's a thread about this on the "Ask a Cruise Question" board and another on the Celebrity board. I posted several days ago on the Celebrity board about a security warning/IE shutdown experience I had, but it was deleted by the moderators- apparently they didn't believe me or weren't interested in warning people.

Edited by Kartgv