? for Embarkation Early Birds.

mbalmr71

I have usually been the get there at 1pm and avoid the crowds guy and have rarely ever had to wait at all so I am clueless this go round. Boarding the Triumph Next Monday in Galveston with my two kids and got FTTF. Reading the runes here it looks like a 10:30ish arrival at the terminal.

Can any of you seasoned early birds tell me what time they start boarding or what time you get there in Galveston? Don't have to be first or knock anyone over but I would like to get the benefit of FTTF without having to camp out in the terminal too terribly long.

I used FTTF on my last Triumph cruise. We dropped of our bags with the porter around 10:00, parked and walked across the street, had very short waits in security and check in lines, and were seated and waiting for them to announce boarding a little before 11:00. Boarding started at 11:15.

Edited by Rudyard

I used FTTF on my last Triumph cruise. We dropped of our bags with the porter around 10:00, parked and walked across the street, had very short waits in security and check in lines, and were seated and waiting for them to announce boarding a little before 11:00. Boarding started at 11:15.

So in other words show up at 11:15 and avoid the waiting.

If you show up at 10:00 with or without FTTF you will be among the first onboard.

If you show up at 11:15 with FTTF after boarding has started, you will be sent to the front of the line and straight onboard.

I can not figure out why someone with FTTF would want to get there early and WAIT.

I want to get there with FTTF and walk straight past the people waiting in line and get on the ship.

If you show up at 10:00 with or without FTTF you will be among the first onboard.

If you show up at 11:15 with FTTF after boarding has started, you will be sent to the front of the line and straight onboard.

I can not figure out why someone with FTTF would want to get there early and WAIT.

I want to get there with FTTF and walk straight past the people waiting in line and get on the ship.

Agreed but some are too anxious and have no patience.

I always figure that we will probably have a wait somewhere. At the hotel, at a restaurant, getting in the terminal, getting parked, getting on the ship, etc. until after muster drill when the cruise starts. I'd like to do most of my waiting on the ship. If I have to wait 15 to 20 minutes in the terminal, that's all right. After that, I'm on the ship! Other people are waiting through some other process. They may go on the same cruise, but mine started earlier. That's the way I look at it.

I always figure that we will probably have a wait somewhere. At the hotel, at a restaurant, getting in the terminal, getting parked, getting on the ship, etc. until after muster drill when the cruise starts. I'd like to do most of my waiting on the ship. If I have to wait 15 to 20 minutes in the terminal, that's all right. After that, I'm on the ship! Other people are waiting through some other process. They may go on the same cruise, but mine started earlier. That's the way I look at it.

Jeanie, I agree with you. It has nothing to do with lack of patience. If I have to wait somewhere, why not at the terminal which gets me on the ship earlier, drop my carryons in the room, and head to the food!!! :)

Agreed, a 15 minute wait for boarding to be started is very reasonable. But in my mind, arriving 75 minutes early and sitting for 60 minutes negates any benefit of FTTF.

The fallacy about FTTF is that it is early boarding....

Very, very few cruises are ready for boarding prior to 11am...and for most it seems about 11:30 when the gangway is finally opened. Then its wedding parties, platinums and diamonds, FTTF and then the lowly regular passenger. If you are FTTF use it to your advantage. get to the terminal at 11 head to the priority check in line and then move past all the minions who have been waiting for hours and directly onto the gangway. Flaunt your stuff! Why get there at 9am and have to endure sitting around with the commoners.

I have usually been the get there at 1pm and avoid the crowds guy and have rarely ever had to wait at all so I am clueless this go round. Boarding the Triumph Next Monday in Galveston with my two kids and got FTTF. Reading the runes here it looks like a 10:30ish arrival at the terminal.

Can any of you seasoned early birds tell me what time they start boarding or what time you get there in Galveston? Don't have to be first or knock anyone over but I would like to get the benefit of FTTF without having to camp out in the terminal too terribly long.

Triumph usually has all the passengers off the ship by 1015 to 1030 a.m. Then they take the passengers who are doing back to backs to customs and back on board. Then customs clears the ship to board the new passengers. This usually takes place by 11 to 11:30 AM. That being said I'm so excited on the morning of the cruise that I'm there at like 9 a.m. waiting to get in. I am NOT shocked when I end up waiting two hours!

Edited by Jana60

We have had FTTF out of Galveston on previous cruises and have purchased it for our Magic cruise in 19 days. We get to the terminal about 10:30 and wait a while. We don't mind waiting as it is a great place for people watching.

So if you have FTTF why would you be worried about "avoiding the lines" That is the whole point of FTTF.. you show up, check in the special FTTF check in area and go right on the ship (assuming its boarding) .. doesn't matter what time you show up.

Been to Galveston many times (its our home/closest port) Can't remember a recent cruise that they have not started boarding by 11:15. One cruise it was like 10:45.. we were up on lido waiting for guys burgers to open!

Go as early or as late as you want to and don't worry about the lines... But if you were not planning on going early to get on the ship as quickly as possible.. why the heck would you purchase FTTF?

If you've been part of an active roll call, and have made plans to meet up with some of the others from your group (as we have, twice), arriving a little early gives you that opportunity. Once on board, you may not get the chance until your Meet & Greet is scheduled. This would apply whether you have FTTF or not.

Last time we had FTTF it was 2013 and the program had just started and I had no idea what to expect. So we got to the port at the usual 10:30. I agree, there's no point to getting there at 10:30 if you have FTTF because you are still going to wait until probably at least 11:30, maybe later. I don't think we boarded until 12.

This time we will get there at 11 or so. Our hotel is close to the port. That way we can get breakfast and head over after we shower and get ready. We will take our time. Our taxi ride will only be about 5 minutes or so to get there, maybe a little longer with traffic. If boarding hasn't begun yet, no big deal. We won't have long to wait. Maybe by the time we get through security and get our sign and sail cards it will have started!