Reasonably priced cruises from Barcelona to Lisbon?

I'm pondering a cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon. In doing searches for this itinerary, it seems that only the high-end cruise companies (Oceania, Crystal, Regent, etc.) have this route. Example price: Regent 8-day cruise is $7500. :eek: Are there any reasonably priced cruises that originate in Barcelona and terminate in Lisbon? (or vice versa). Having at least one port stop in Morocco is preferable. And is there only a certain season for such cruises?

Finding unique one-way sailings with the 'mainstream' lines is not very easy.

When I wanted to just do a Oslo to Reykjavik sailing last year, I found just buying a full Transatlantic cruise and doing just the segment I wanted was a good solution.

This year you do have the Norwegian Epic that is moving from Barcelona up to Southampton on September 20th. The ship goes into dry-dock and then returns on October 18th and sails from Southampton to Barcelona.

While this sailing does have a port stop in Lisbon, I understand this is not really what you are looking for.

Another way to do this sailing that would meet your needs would be with the MSC Orchestra. She sails from Barcelona on 9 night sailings, where the 7th night is Lisbon. You could just arrange to do the 7 nights with MSC. MSC embarks at both Barcelona and Lisbon on the sailing on a 'inter-porting' schedule and this should be possible.

Cruise Schedule: Barcelona, Spain (28 Sep d1900); Marseille, France (29 Sep 0800-1800); Genoa, Italy (30 Sep 0800-1700); Malaga, Spain (02 Oct 1200-1800); Casablanca, Morocco (03 Oct 0900-2300); Lisbon, Portugal (05 Oct 0800-1600); Barcelona, Spain (07 Oct a1200)

This cruise is repeated on 9 night cycles from Barcelona in fall of 2015.

I think the MSC Splendida takes this route in the fall of 2016.

A lot of transatlantic cruises stop at Barcelona and Lisbon. Some of them allow you to do segments so you may get a Barcelona to Lisbon in the autumn or Lisbon to Barcelona in the spring.

Have a look at Holland America, Celebrity and Windstar in particular.

• 2 weeks later...