Another Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 6/29/15

Jamman54

Patty and Jeff, I'm really loving this review.... each night I read and look at the photo's and Say How the heck was this a month ago already? No I haven't pulled the trigger yet on 2016 I'm trying to pull the trigger for a 14 in Jan.... LOL I'm leaving for Fl on the 4th for some R@R with my God mother..... LOL While Mike still thinks about getting that hip done this year! Have a great next cruise, isn't that in Aug?

I absolutely HAVE to make it back to Half Moon Cay one day. I can't believe I've only been once! :eek: The British Colonial Hilton looks like a nice place to spend the day. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on that fall. Are you sure it wasn't the Bahama Mamas? LOL :);)

Oh come on Jeff!

Not fair to make us wait forever haha :p

Won't be forever, I have a cruise to catch in a few weeks!! :D

Patty and Jeff, I'm really loving this review.... each night I read and look at the photo's and Say How the heck was this a month ago already? No I haven't pulled the trigger yet on 2016 I'm trying to pull the trigger for a 14 in Jan.... LOL I'm leaving for Fl on the 4th for some R@R with my God mother..... LOL While Mike still thinks about getting that hip done this year! Have a great next cruise, isn't that in Aug?

Hey Barb!! Hard to believe it's been a month. Enjoy your Florida trip and pull that trigger for next year!

I absolutely HAVE to make it back to Half Moon Cay one day. I can't believe I've only been once! :eek: The British Colonial Hilton looks like a nice place to spend the day. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on that fall. Are you sure it wasn't the Bahama Mamas? LOL :);)

Hey Kim, thanks for dropping by again! Those Bahama Mamas were strong! Brianna has the "lean", I have the "flop"!! :D

Thanks for the great review! It's been fun to read along. I have never been to any of these places, except Nassau on a land trip. I NEED to get to HMC! Looks amazing!

Thanks for reading, and yes, you need to get to HMC!!

The Enchantment of the Seas spins around……

CS1174.JPG

This was the view of the port from our table during lunch…..

CS1175.JPG

The Enchantment of the Seas is backing into her berth…..

CS1184.JPG

And finally, all five ships are in port…..

CS1188.JPG

Our lunch has arrived. The portions are huge. Patti had the turkey club sandwich…..

CS1189.JPG

I had the jerked chicken wrap. Both of our meals were delicious!

CS1190.JPG

To be continued…..

That Jerk Chicken Wrap was awesome, that is what I had for lunch that day too. I saw yours and saw that I could get it with fries and I was sold LOL

Hey Jamman! I love your reviews! Colorful commentary, informative, and great pictures :). In October, I'm going on my first cruise on Splendor and I am so excited about it! I have a question that I hope you or your wife can help me out with :). I've heard/read about folks getting some sort of weekly spa pass for about $99 to access some of the common areas (steam room, whatever that pool is, etc. etc.). Do you know anything about that? Where to get them and what they include? I've been all over the Carnival website but can't find it. Thanks for any help you can provide and thank you for taking the time to create such interesting and informative reviews!

Hey Jamman! I love your reviews! Colorful commentary, informative, and great pictures :). In October, I'm going on my first cruise on Splendor and I am so excited about it! I have a question that I hope you or your wife can help me out with :). I've heard/read about folks getting some sort of weekly spa pass for about $99 to access some of the common areas (steam room, whatever that pool is, etc. etc.). Do you know anything about that? Where to get them and what they include? I've been all over the Carnival website but can't find it. Thanks for any help you can provide and thank you for taking the time to create such interesting and informative reviews!

Thanks for following along!! As for the spa pass and what it included, if you go back to post #23 on page 2 of this review, the answers are there.

Really enjoyed this and learned a few things first my first splendor voyage on Tuesday, one question does anyone know the minimum height for the slide my twins are 8 and anxious to try

Thanks for reading! I want to say 48 inches in regards to the slide, but I'm not 100% sure.

We’re heading north back to New York…..

CS1308.jpg

We were up at 7am. I stepped out on the balcony to get a shot of the sunrise, but the sun was already pretty high in the sky…..

CS1309.JPG

We are planning to head to the Sea Day Brunch again today, but first, Patti wanted to put some laundry together to send out this morning. So I took this opportunity to grab the camera and take a walk around. This is the aft omelet line…..

CS1312.JPG

The Continental Breakfast station…..

CS1313.JPG

One of the aft Breakfast Grill lines…..

CS1314.JPG

One of the aft Beverage stations…..

CS1315.JPG

To be continued…..

Here is some of the seating on the port side of the Lido Restaurant…..

CS1316.JPG

Here are a couple of views of the forward Breakfast Grill lines…..

CS1318.JPG

CS1321.JPG

A couple of happy omelet chefs…..

CS1319.JPG

One of the forward Beverage stations…..

CS1320.JPG

The forward ice cream machines…..

CS1322.JPG

To be continued…..

I made my way to the Splendido Pool area where I discovered that the towel animals had invaded in force!! I documented all the action in the next few pages…..

CS1323.JPG

CS1325.JPG

CS1324.JPG

CS1326.JPG

CS1327.JPG

CS1329.JPG

To be continued…..

One last picture of the towel animal invasion…..

CS1338.JPG

The Liner Bar…..

CS1342.JPG

The Liner Pool and hot tubs…..

CS1343.JPG

The kid’s Splash Park…..

CS1347.JPG

Looking forward towards the water slide…..

CS1348.JPG

Looking down on the Splendido Pool…..

CS1350.JPG

To be continued…..

Thanks for reading! I want to say 48 inches in regards to the slide, but I'm not 100% sure.

The big slide minimum height is 42 inches to go down. My 4 y/o was right at 42 inches but the attendant would not let him go down for some reason (I don't think he would have gone by himself anyways). Your 8 y/o should be fine!

Jamman, I wanted to thank you for your awesome review! I read your other Splendor review when I was trying to decide to go on one of her sailings from Norfolk. She is a unique ship, not one of my favorites due to the outlandish decor, but I did like the sliding sunroof over the main pool which allowed us to use the pool in bad weather.

Hoping to make it back to HMC one year-only been there once!

The big slide minimum height is 42 inches to go down. My 4 y/o was right at 42 inches but the attendant would not let him go down for some reason (I don't think he would have gone by himself anyways). Your 8 yo should be fine e

Thanks they'll be excited

I love reading - great job! Still here :) Making me excited for my first trip to HMC - we got a cabana as well. Thinking we will rent #9 - my wife doesn't like people that much (at least, in close proximity to us, hahaha).