Breakaway check in

pumpkin228

It depends when you get there. If you get to the port at like 10:30 the lines are short. Latitudes members do have their own line. Once through you still may have to wait an hour or so to get on the ship. However, you will be one of the first few hundred on and in my 4 NCL cruises that is the best way to get on the ship! Have fun!!!

We sailed on the Breakaway out of NYC last year. Because the Breakaway holds twice as many pax as the Gem or Dawn (which we've also sailed on out of NYC) the check-in takes up an ENTIRE pier rather than half. It does take a tad longer because of the sheer numbers but the folks who run the check-in seemed VERY well prepared & the process went quite smoothly.

We arrived at 1100 or so & were on board by 1145. We're Platinum Latitudes so we got ushered into a separate room & then pushed up to the front of the Latitudes line. We then sat for about a half hour & then went aboard in the 2nd group (suites & up board first).

Considering the number of pax I'd give the embarkation four out of four stars for efficiency in NYC.

Tom

My last 3 cruises I have checked-in about a half an hour before all aboard. NO LINES!! Walk in, get the key card and walk onboard :D I love that, no standing in line to get through the scanners, no sitting in the waiting room until your number is called, no stress and easy breezy! ;)

My last 3 cruises I have checked-in about a half an hour before all aboard. NO LINES!! Walk in, get the key card and walk onboard :D I love that, no standing in line to get through the scanners, no sitting in the waiting room until your number is called, no stress and easy breezy! ;)

Our check in for the breakaway 7/26 is at 1-1:30. I hope we have the same experience as you!

I am sailing on the breakaway in August and although I've sailed on NCL several times I've never heard of picking a port arrival time. Did I miss something or is this something new? If new is it mandatory?

It is new and yes, mandatory. You can be later than the time you chose but not earlier. The intention is to help manage the crowds at check in.

I didn't know about check in time. We're platinum, so I'm guessing it doesn't apply.

You are correct. We are platinum and one of our online check-in screens said something like: Platinum, VIP and suites do not need to choose a check-in time.

Can someone walk me through the check on process? Is there a lot of waiting? Is there a separate (hopefully faster) line for gold members? Any and all details are appreciated.

Just make sure you tell them you are gold when you arrive at the port (for security line too).

it is a little different for Breakaway vs. say, Gem, as you go to a line that corresponds to your deck # for check-in usually. Last time the lines were not long so we just went with it.

Edited by mizlorinj