Will my Personal Vacation Planner get mad at me for booking online

usacamaro

Yeah, you have the right to book any way you want, but I think it is selfish to the bother your PVP with all the garbage after you have basically cheated them out of the credit for the booking. Taking up their valuable time when you could not be bothered to let them do the booking.

A PVP works on salary with a quota of bookings. To keep your job, you meet your quota. No excuses.

So you have not met your quota this month. Well a lot of my clients booked on their own but then kept me tied up on the phone trying to take care of problems they were having. Do you think management says oh well, try to do better next month or do you think they say, have your desk cleared out by 5?

I do not know anyone that works for carnival, but I do know several people that worked those types of jobs. My friend worked for ATT for 30 years when she was put in that type of job. She was on probation for 3 months, she was let go on month 5 for failing to make quota 2 months in a row. There is nothing that would make me take that type of job.

I am willing to bet the same people that book themselves but then go to the PVP are the same people that run all over themselves trying to make work easy on your room steward and tipping them way over the top. I can't figure out why people are so generous to foreign workers but don't give a crap for fellow Americans who are just trying to take care of THEIR families.

good post. Why would you book on your own and than expect a pvp who didnt get credit for the booking to work on your behalf when there is nothing in it for them?

We always do our own research and even select our own cabin and then I call our PVP and let her do the booking so she gets the credit. Sometimes she has saved us a little bit more money and she also see's more cabin availability then the web site shows. She has been our PVP for 15 years. We really do not need a PVP, but hey everyone has to make a living:):):):)

And several times when we had problems she was able to contact people we didnt have access to, and resolve them quickly.

Also she handles ES changes on the phone and has made some great suggestions saving us money.

Your carnival PVP or the Carnival website gives you no extra perks and will not match them from a competitor. I booked with C....n Cruise Outlet and got the same price that Carnival was giving plus $150.00 in onboard credit.Once booked you can deal with them or Carnival directly to get any Early Saver price adjustments.

I do the same as another member said...I do the homework then get with my pvp to actually book...she almost always finds me a better deal and...if the cabin I want is not available online....she is able to get me what I want. When I went looking at this cruise, it showed all the cove balconies taken except a couple in really crappy areas, I chose a regular balcony but when I emailed my pvp to book I told her that I had wanted a cove and where and told her they didn't seem to be available... I am booked in the cove balcony 2 away from the one I requested!!! at a huge savings!! She also keeps me updated on any obc I can get and any upgrades...huge help she is. :D I would never book myself then ask her for help.

I use my PVP for all bookings. She has been great and is always available. I booked over the 800# once (it was after hours and did not want to bother her on her cell) and would never do it again. I did not have an issues booking on line and my PVP still helped me, but I felt so bad I would never do it again.

I encourage others to book with my PVP to help her get her bookings. This year my PVP has booked 10 cabins based on my referals.

I believe that if you build a relationship with a good PVP they will be there when you need them. You may never really need them, but it is good to have that insurance when you do.

We always do our own research and even select our own cabin and then I call our PVP and let her do the booking so she gets the credit. Sometimes she has saved us a little bit more money and she also see's more cabin availability then the web site shows. She has been our PVP for 15 years. We really do not need a PVP, but hey everyone has to make a living:):):):)

We do this also! Our PVP is a good guy just trying to make a living...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I use my PVP for all bookings. She has been great and is always available. I booked over the 800# once (it was after hours and did not want to bother her on her cell) and would never do it again. I did not have an issues booking on line and my PVP still helped me, but I felt so bad I would never do it again.

I encourage others to book with my PVP to help her get her bookings. This year my PVP has booked 10 cabins based on my referals.

I believe that if you build a relationship with a good PVP they will be there when you need them. You may never really need them, but it is good to have that insurance when you do.

You refer your PVP to personal friends, right? From what I understand, you can't refer over cruisecritic. I haven't found a great PVP and I keep hearing these glowing reviews of PVPs. Oh well....

You refer your PVP to personal friends, right? From what I understand, you can't refer over cruisecritic. I haven't found a great PVP and I keep hearing these glowing reviews of PVPs. Oh well....

Same here... haven't found a great PVP yet either...

Your carnival PVP or the Carnival website gives you no extra perks and will not match them from a competitor. I booked with C....n Cruise Outlet and got the same price that Carnival was giving plus $150.00 in onboard credit.Once booked you can deal with them or Carnival directly to get any Early Saver price adjustments.

I thought when you booked with a TA instead of through Carnival, that any price drops have to go throught the TA. You cannot deal with Carnival directly.

How are you able to deal with Carnival directly?

Since they eliminated the VERY POPULAR Future Cruise Certificates, we've been booking for next year's B2B while onboard current B2B.

I called to have the booking transferred when I got home to our PVP so she'd get credit for the bookings. However, when we got home I called & her # was no longer accessible. She was still with Carnival but in another capacity.

I got a new PVP through somebody I'd cruised with. Fine & dandy. When I called her to transfer my bookings to her, she said she could not accept them cuz we'd never officially booked a cruise with her. I had her please double-check with her supervisor, too.

I will not call her for help on anything because, even though she's officially our PVP, she's never gotten any credit from us. Therefore, I don't want to bother her. I have a great PVP but will never be able to book through her since we book on the ship. Really not fair.

I just call the CCL main # & speak to whomever answers the phones. I recently had a problem where $100 of my $200 OBC disappeared. I then called the # listed on the "rejection letter for ES" and finally got it restored. With working through her supervisor, it took over 30 minutes. The first $100 OBC on each cruise was for booking onboard. The 2nd $100 OBC was for Military Appreciation Month. I now am checking my "Manage My Cruise" - cruise docs - to make sure it doesn't disappear again.

I always use a PVP to book, figure some of my money that gets paid to Carnival should keep someone employed. When you book online, you eventually cut out another 'real' person who needs a job. It's like shopping local vs the big box stores, where do you want your money to go?

I want my money to go somewhere where I have control over my own booking and I don't get phone calls.

Ask a cruising friend for a recommendation.

We had a good one and he left suddenly and didnt like the one they assigned to us.

Asked a friend for recommendation and we have had great success with our current one for our past 10 or so cruises.:)

My first 5 cruises were booked independently of Carnival or a PVP. However, due to a future cruise discount acquired on cruise #5, I booked cruise #6 with a PVP for the first time ever. I knew it would be a little more complicated to get the discount applied and didn't want it messed up.

Called and asked for a PVP, the one that came on the line was very pleasant and professional. She had a clear speaking tone which meant a lot to me as I knew communication would be easy going. After talking with her I could tell that I knew more about what I wanted to do and more about cruising Carnival than she did. No biggie, I walked her through it and together we got it done.

I plan to keep training her and will rely on her in the future.

Correct, you are not allowed to talk about specific PVP's on cruisecritic. We really enjoy Carnival and think it is a great value for your vacation dollar. My friends tell me what they are looking for and I look up the options (both Carnival and other lines) and give them the info.

If they are really interested then drop my PVP a line that I spoke to someone and gave them the info for this particular cruise. The PVP calls them and sometimes the book sometimes they don't. Usually they book.

This helps my PVP and I know they are taken care of.

My first 5 cruises were booked independently of Carnival or a PVP. However, due to a future cruise discount acquired on cruise #5, I booked cruise #6 with a PVP for the first time ever. I knew it would be a little more complicated to get the discount applied and didn't want it messed up.

Called and asked for a PVP, the one that came on the line was very pleasant and professional. She had a clear speaking tone which meant a lot to me as I knew communication would be easy going. After talking with her I could tell that I knew more about what I wanted to do and more about cruising Carnival than she did. No biggie, I walked her through it and together we got it done.

I plan to keep training her and will rely on her in the future.

Good for you but dont think i would have patience to train a pvp. Would have thought they would have taken her thru some on the job training before putting her out there.

Yeah, you have the right to book any way you want, but I think it is selfish to the bother your PVP with all the garbage after you have basically cheated them out of the credit for the booking. Taking up their valuable time when you could not be bothered to let them do the booking.

A PVP works on salary with a quota of bookings. To keep your job, you meet your quota. No excuses.

So you have not met your quota this month. Well a lot of my clients booked on their own but then kept me tied up on the phone trying to take care of problems they were having. Do you think management says oh well, try to do better next month or do you think they say, have your desk cleared out by 5?

I do not know anyone that works for carnival, but I do know several people that worked those types of jobs. My friend worked for ATT for 30 years when she was put in that type of job. She was on probation for 3 months, she was let go on month 5 for failing to make quota 2 months in a row. There is nothing that would make me take that type of job.

I am willing to bet the same people that book themselves but then go to the PVP are the same people that run all over themselves trying to make work easy on your room steward and tipping them way over the top. I can't figure out why people are so generous to foreign workers but don't give a crap for fellow Americans who are just trying to take care of THEIR families.

"Personal" is really you and thousands of others. They have a job to cold call, and make sales. Carnival is the only cruise line that needs to do this. No others do this. Any person that picks up the phone can help you out when you call the number. So you give the business to the luck of the draw. They rely on new business as well as repeat business. You don't owe any one person anything just because they helped you. No need to feel guilty. I have found Carnival PVP's to be out right annoying. I check and look on line, and the next 2 weeks, I get 10 calls. I don't know how the get paid. It's noon of my business how they get paid. I'm not concerned about their quota.

"Personal" is really you and thousands of others. They have a job to cold call, and make sales. Carnival is the only cruise line that needs to do this. No others do this. Any person that picks up the phone can help you out when you call the number. So you give the business to the luck of the draw. They rely on new business as well as repeat business. You don't owe any one person anything just because they helped you. No need to feel guilty. I have found Carnival PVP's to be out right annoying. I check and look on line, and the next 2 weeks, I get 10 calls. I don't know how the get paid. It's noon of my business how they get paid. I'm not concerned about their quota.

Huh, and I thought you loved everything about Carnival. Go figure. Do you think Carnival books at a worse rate than other lines or treat their booking Partners significantly different than other cruise lines?

If you had a good and competent one who waits for me to call her you would know why many of us use a pvp.

"Personal" is really you and thousands of others. They have a job to cold call, and make sales. Carnival is the only cruise line that needs to do this. No others do this.

Each one of the major cruise lines and each one of the smaller cruise lines have a similar outbound sales and relationship department. In fact, the smaller the cruise line the more important their outbound sales department is to their company.

I can confirm FiremanBob wife's experience! I put a 24 hour hold on my reservation then contact my PVP. Even though my husband and I are causal cruise travelers, she treats us like gold. I might think I m a Carnival expert but

I will continue to rely on her expertise.

If no payment is posted for the reservation, the PVP can claim it.

This is what I do as well. Our PVP (at least the current one) answered a lot of questions for us so I wanted to make sure she received the credit so I just held the cabin and had her call me to complete the reservation.

Now, if the PVP did not assist you other than sales calls, I wouldn't feel bad, but I would just call the 1-800 number for any changes.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Personal is the fact the person knows something about your cruising history, it does not mean private.

If you want to go it alone, by all means, but don't take up the time of a PVP and then cheat them out of the credit.

FYI, the people at the carnival 800 number are totally different, if you can wrap your head around that. Whoever answers the phone gets to deal with you. When you have a PVP, you deal completely with that person unless of course if it is after hours as they do need time to rest occasionally and possibly even eat and have time with the family they are working so hard to support.

If you are logged in and looking around the booking area on carnival, I know it is crazy, but they think you must be in the market to book a cruise. Therefore, you will probably receive a call to see if you are, because they are doing what their jobs calls for, and get this, it is the very same thing you agreed to when you signed up on the site. So you are the kind of person that feels fine going on their site and utilizing their resources, but get irritated at the people you have given permission to call you when they call you? Am I getting that correctly?

Personal is the fact the person knows something about your cruising history, it does not mean private.

If you want to go it alone, by all means, but don't take up the time of a PVP and then cheat them out of the credit.

FYI, the people at the carnival 800 number are totally different, if you can wrap your head around that. Whoever answers the phone gets to deal with you. When you have a PVP, you deal completely with that person unless of course if it is after hours as they do need time to rest occasionally and possibly even eat and have time with the family they are working so hard to support.

If you are logged in and looking around the booking area on carnival, I know it is crazy, but they think you must be in the market to book a cruise. Therefore, you will probably receive a call to see if you are, because they are doing what their jobs calls for, and get this, it is the very same thing you agreed to when you signed up on the site. So you are the kind of person that feels fine going on their site and utilizing their resources, but get irritated at the people you have given permission to call you when they call you? Am I getting that correctly?

agreed.

We have agreement with our pvp. Please do not call us unless she has some very pertinent info for us and we will call you when ready to book our cruise.

Works great.