park & cruise houston tx

lindi52

Has anyone cruised out of Houston and parked their car at the hotel they stayed in before the cruises? looking for a hotel where we can leave our car during the cruise. Our cruise is late November. Thank you

Has anyone cruised out of Houston and parked their car at the hotel they stayed in before the cruises? looking for a hotel where we can leave our car during the cruise. Our cruise is late November. Thank you

Google Seabrook Best Western. We're going out in Feb, you can leave your car and the hotel is one mile from the terminal with free shuttle to the terminal. Also reviews on trip advisor.

ciao

I am not aware of hotels that offer shuttle service to the port but parking at this particular port is the most convenient of any port I've sailed.

This port is also employees the nicest port staff I've encountered.

Be aware/prepared should you encounter fog.

[

Thank you for all the suggestions. Also fog won't bother us. This is a respite from a car trip through the south/southwest. We plan on 'going with the flow'.

[

Thank you for all the suggestions. Also fog won't bother us. This is a respite from a car trip through the south/southwest. We plan on 'going with the flow'.

Why not just park at the terminal.

Great facilities there.

Why not just park at the terminal.

Great facilities there.

One night pre cruise and returning to the hotel for two more nights to be able to go the the space center, so free parking at the hotel is perfect for our type of plans. :) the op may have these type of plans.

ciao

[

I suspect that the person was just alerting you to the possibility of fog as that can very possibly delay the ship's departure from the terminal. The fog situation is, I believe, at least one of the factors that is causing Princess to forgo using the Houston port past early 2016. I might be wrong, however.

Tom

Though we have relatives in the Clear Lake area and could have left our car, for free, at their home and had them drop off/pick up...we chose to spend the night near-by and had pre-reserved parking at the port (saved a whole $5 I think!).

DH dropped me and the bags at the front door; porters right there to take the checked bags. I took my carry on to wait just inside the front doors as he parked the car. He circled back around to park in the area designated for car covers, grabbed his carry-on, and met me inside. Very quick and easy!! As a previous poster said: one of the easiest areas to navigate we've ever had.

We could see from the ship that all the cars in the designated car-cover parking were covered before the ship left the pier.

It was very quick and easy to get to the car when we returned after the cruise...on our way for the drive back home. For us, the convenience of showing up at the pier when we wanted to, not having to watch our bags on some shuttle to make sure they were where they were supposed to be, and being able to be on our way after the cruise was well worth the price of parking at the pier. And though we love our family and friends in the area--it was nice not having to worry if we'd be putting them out by asking them to drop off/pick up.

We'll miss having Princess in the Houston area where we can drive to cruise.