Prinsendam May 2016

Not known for sure, but I'm guessing it will be a drydock. I believe the last planned one was November 2012 so she should be due by then. There was a short one for stabilizer repair but I don't think much else was done then.

I mentioned this to the Future Consultant and she agreed this was the most likely thing.

Roy

Not known for sure, but I'm guessing it will be a drydock. I believe the last planned one was November 2012 so she should be due by then. There was a short one for stabilizer repair but I don't think much else was done then.

I mentioned this to the Future Consultant and she agreed this was the most likely thing.

Roy

I agree - that time frame is just right.

Does HAL ever charter the Prinsendam?[/size][/font]

Not that I have ever seen. The charters prefer the newer, shinier ships usually. In Asia though, the Volendam is chartered annually so far.

Edited by kazu

Last Prinsendam drydock was the latter half of November 2012 after she had sailed from Europe to Fort Lauderdale. Headed to Freeport, Bahamas straight after. That's when the open deck on the rear of the buffet was enclosed for the Italian restaurant, and the long-standing propeller issues were addressed.

Edited by cruising cockroach

Have all HAL ships now converted to the vastly superior new Canaletto menu and added the equally superior Dive Inn lido grill format? Or just some lucky ships.

Our last HAL trip on the Zaandam (2014) had both improved menus. Hoping we see both of them also on the Amsterdam this Fall. Loved them.

Edited by OlsSalt

Have all HAL ships now converted to the vastly superior new Canaletto menu and added the equally superior Dive Inn lido grill format? Or just some lucky ships.

Our last HAL trip on the Zaandam (2014) had both improved menus. Hoping we see both of them also on the Amsterdam this Fall. Loved them.

As of December 2014, the Amsterdam had the new Dive Inn grill, but seemed to have an older Canaletto menu.

Does anyone know what the Prinsendam will be doing on May 5 - May 19, 2016?

I see it arrives in Ft. Lauderdale from Europe the first week in May but does not depart from Ft. Lauderdale until May 19 for the TA to Amsterdam.

What's the story?

It looks like you aren't the only one curious if the Prinsendam is scheduled for an upcoming dry docking:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2231393