How are guarantee cabin notifications sent?

HokiePoq

Do you get an email or do you just keep checking your online account/luggage tags? Getting anxious 12 days out, but IIRC 7-10 days is typical according to a previous thread.

Thanks in advance.

Keep checking your luggage tags. I don't believe they send an email - at least I didn't get one for mine. I found it on the luggage tags (and smiled :) )

I hear you on the anxious. It's always part of the situation with a guarantee. I know I was when I had my only one.

Here's hoping you are VERY happy with what you get :)

Keep checking your luggage tags. I don't believe they send an email - at least I didn't get one for mine. I found it on the luggage tags (and smiled :) )

I hear you on the anxious. It's always part of the situation with a guarantee. I know I was when I had my only one.

Here's hoping you are VERY happy with what you get :)

Thanks so much! I am wearing out that log in on the HAL site, lol.

If you booked direct you should get an email. If you booked with a TA they should get the email and notify you. Doesn't always happen though. I just keep checking luggage tags myself, and have always found out before my TA called or emailed me.

I booked with a online cruise broker and just had my reservation changed and updated with my cabin number for a Ryndam cruise on 18/07/15. Was starting to sweat lol. Looks like good upgrade as had 'H' grade and have been given 'C' mid ships, deck 5 with full seaview. Close to stair and lifts so well happy.

Thought I'd come back and say we got our cabin assignment ten days out. Pretty much what we booked, just one deck up.

Did get our first ever upsell call from our online agent. We are not paying an additional $350pp to upgrade.

I am not pleased with the marketing strategy of selling at top price and then offering vista suites at the same price we paid for an inside.

(This was an email from a well known last minute broker, not the agency we booked with.)

It makes one think you should never book early....probably not a lesson a company should teach its loyal customers.

Hope others do better than we did! Don't mind the inside....we booked it for sure....but do not like the feeling of missing out on a far better deal. 7K for an inside was not a good deal on this cruise.

Thought I'd come back and say we got our cabin assignment ten days out. Pretty much what we booked, just one deck up.

Did get our first ever upsell call from our online agent. We are not paying an additional $350pp to upgrade.

I am not pleased with the marketing strategy of selling at top price and then offering vista suites at the same price we paid for an inside.

(This was an email from a well known last minute broker, not the agency we booked with.)

It makes one think you should never book early....probably not a lesson a company should teach its loyal customers.

Hope others do better than we did! Don't mind the inside....we booked it for sure....but do not like the feeling of missing out on a far better deal. 7K for an inside was not a good deal on this cruise.

This is my huge peeve with Hal and every time I mention it (which is a lot) I'm told that it's a different product further out. I could see if a person books a specific room that would be different. I also take open dining which is generally available right before sailing. It would be nice if they gave a decent price (not give away) to early bookers, even if it was a guarantee only situation so those of us that book early wouldn't feel so cheated.

The only thing that has saved me over the years is watching the price, and getting the drops when they come. When the price drops after I've made my final payment, I have called them, and they've often given me something to appease me - OBC usually.

We're anxiously waiting our cabin assignment too. I used to book a specific cabin, but now prefer to play the guarantee game. I'm always happy to pay a few hundred dollars less for the cabin I'm happy with, and even happier when I get a free upgrade.

This year, we booked a lanai guarantee $1500 was the price. It's now at $1800, and there don't appear to be any left to book. The next higher cabin is at $2100. Got an upsell offer for $330pp - that's CRAZY talk for a 7 day cruise - so I'll be happy whatever we are assigned - but I would LOVE to know what we're getting!

Like others said, just keep checking your reservation on Holland. It'll show up eventually. Ours showed up about 10 days out, I think.

To be more specific check the luggage tags. The very minute it gets assigned it will appear there.

We did get an email today from HAL today....and another upsell call from the TA...This time it was $1100pp for a lanai. No thank you....already paid too much.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way about the last minute deals. Hard for me not to book ahead of time and plan, plan, plan....but I may have to rethink this strategy on HAL.