New A La Carte Specialty Dining

Dr. Cocktail

]

Err... no EPIC entire rotations

Spirit

Agreed for Jade 1 Itinerary

I will be on the Epic in September which ends in England. I read somewhere that if the cruise goes out of the European zone there is no VAT. Does anyone know if this is still true.

]

I will be on the Epic in September which ends in England. I read somewhere that if the cruise goes out of the European zone there is no VAT. Does anyone know if this is still true.

That is correct but the cruise to UK does not leave Europe so Spanish VAT (port of embarkation) will apply. At this time the UK is part of Europe

Edited by bmwman

When pre-booking the new a la carte restaurants online (Le Bistro, Cagney's, La Cucina) the website now states this:

"COMPLIMENTARY Items on menu are individually priced. Charges will be incurred on board and no money will be collected at booking."

That is what is shown on my Escape TA cruise.

When pre-booking the new a la carte restaurants online (Le Bistro, Cagney's, La Cucina) the website now states this:

"COMPLIMENTARY Items on menu are individually priced. Charges will be incurred on board and no money will be collected at booking."

How is it "complimentary" if items are individually priced? That makes no sense. Or am I being dense about this?

Inicidentally, the language that "Items on menu are individually priced. Charges will be incurred on board and no money will be collected at booking" appears under Ocean Blue for my upcoming Breakaway cruise in August. However, it also still shows the $39.95 cover charge, which it appears to be assessed - along with 18% grat - at booking.

NCL needs to seriously quality check/update their website. The inconsistencies are maddening.

Edited by garnet115

How is it "complimentary" if items are individually priced? That makes no sense. Or am I being dense about this?

Inicidentally, the language that "Items on menu are individually priced. Charges will be incurred on board and no money will be collected at booking" appears under Ocean Blue for my upcoming Breakaway cruise in August. However, it also still shows the $39.95 cover charge, which it appears to be assessed - along with 18% grat - at booking.

NCL needs to seriously quality check/update their website. The inconsistencies are maddening.

Sorry, I cut n' pasted that from the site, and the formatting got messed up. It said "COMPLIMENTARY" across the top, and then the other info was in a statement below. I took it to mean it is a complimentary booking, since you have to pay to book Teppanyaki, etc.

Sorry, I cut n' pasted that from the site, and the formatting got messed up. It said "COMPLIMENTARY" across the top, and then the other info was in a statement below. I took it to mean it is a complimentary booking, since you have to pay to book Teppanyaki, etc.

Thanks for clarifying. That's a reasonable reading, but I still think it is confusing. But like I said, maybe I'm just dense about these things. ;)

NCL needs to seriously quality check/update their website. The inconsistencies are maddening.[/quote

My understanding is that if you are booking one of these a la carte venues without a package, they really have no idea what you will order and what the total of your bill will be at booking. So you get to book for $0 and then are charged at the time of service. One good outcome from this is that now you can reserve pre cruise and not be charged and can then use OBC once on the ship.

Edited by punkincc

One good outcome from this is that now you can reserve pre cruise and not be charged and can then use OBC once on the ship.

I wish this were generally possible on NCL. When I sailed HAL to Alaska, I pre-booked all of my excursions and had to give a credit card to hold the booking, but the charge ultimately posted to my on board account, which allowed me to use OBC to offset some of the cost. I wish NCL would do this with dining, excursions, etc. I hate laying out money in advance when something may change on board, and then have to worry about getting the proper credits posted. (For example, if I pre-book dining, but my dd decides to eat of the Childrens menu.)

Didn't mean to veer to far off topic, but your comment made me wistful.

So UDP allows free dining at all restaurants except the a la carte ones which require a cover charge. Is this a correct statement? We'd be sailing next May.

Is UDP the same as SDP?

I don't think anyone has answered your question. And someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The packages are different. The UDP is for a full 7 nights. If you had already purchased the UDP ( I don't even think it is available currently ) then it is good at the venues which are changing to a la carte, Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina. You will not pay a la carte. And it also covers the venues such as Moderno and Teppanyaki which remain with a cover charge. For those places which by nature are a la carte, like the sushi places, I think you may get a discount.

The SPD packages can be bought for 3 to 7 nights. All venues are included, even the new a la carte ones. An upcharge from $7 to $15 is added for some venues such as the new Bayamo, or the dinner show or sushi places.

Maybe they forgot the 'WHAT USED TO BE THE

What used to be the complimentary items on the menu are now individually priced.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

"COMPLIMENTARY[/color][/b] Items on menu are individually priced. Charges will be incurred on board and no money will be collected at booking."

WOW. Complimentary?????? individually priced?????? ..as I have been saying for months...NCL had better improve their communication :eek: