Hair dryers on the Valor?

murph1031

sailing on the Valor in Oct. Is there a hair dryer provided in the cabin, we have a balcony room if that makes a difference. Just wondering if we need to pack one or not.

Thanks

I've never sailed on the Valor, but I do know Carnival does supply hair dryers. But, I have never been happy with them. I have thick hair that takes a long time to dry, I really prefer to bring my high powered dryer from home when I travel. Especially on cruises because with those dryers I can literally spend 30 minutes drying my hair...

Yes, hair dryers are provided. However, they are not very powerful, so you might want to bring your own. Also, if you want to dry your hair in the bathroom, you might want to pack an extension cord. The provided dryers are attached to the vanity/desk, not in the bathroom.

You do NOT want to dry your hair in the bathroom...too small and hot. Use the plug in the cabin...bring your own, if you have any hair at all.

LOL:D This is true. 1st cruise, took me 45 min to dry my thick hair. I've packed my own ever since.

Not only are they weak, but they have a switch that must be held ON at all times, and it makes it difficult (at least for me) to hold the switch, and dry my hair. If you plan on using their dryers, I'd recommend taking a strong rubber band or elastic band to hold the switch "on". ;) (Take your own travel dryer,,,,,,it's a lot less stressful.)

"SKY"

The Valor and all Conquest class ships have dryers in the vanity in all cabins. I have very fine hair so they are adequate for me so I don't have to bring one if I'm flying in, but if I'm driving to the port then I still bring my own.

• 2 weeks later...
I've never sailed on the Valor, but I do know Carnival does supply hair dryers. But, I have never been happy with them. I have thick hair that takes a long time to dry, I really prefer to bring my high powered dryer from home when I travel. Especially on cruises because with those dryers I can literally spend 30 minutes drying my hair...

and if there is not one in your room - ask a steward for it. We cruised on the Paradise in April and they do not have them in the rooms. I was trying to dry my bangs under the hand dryers in the Public bathrooms. ;) Well, they are powerful. I finally just asked if someone had left one we could use. So always ask,,,,just like room fans - the stewards have them - but a small quantity.

Oh and that was the first time I have ever cruised carnival and there wasn't a hair dryer in the room. Lots of people with bad hair at dinner - so people didn't know. LOL

Edited by tbbtravels