RCI Adventure of the Sea San Juan Return Flight Home

For those of you that have been there done that. We will be on Adventure of the Sea next April and was wondering is 12:00 noon - 12:45 to early for booking a return flight home once through security and off the ship and grabbing a cab to the airport? We will either be flying Delta or Southwest.

Thanks in advance for any help and information.

Marcyjane:)

For those of you that have been there done that. We will be on Adventure of the Sea next April and was wondering is 12:00 noon - 12:45 to early for booking a return flight home once through security and off the ship and grabbing a cab to the airport? We will either be flying Delta or Southwest.

I would not have a problem with a noon flight. I'd either do self-assist disembarkation, or make sure you have a low enough luggage tag number to leave the ship by 9am or so.

We had a 2:30 flight and did an excursion after getting off the ship, so I'd imagine noon would be fine. I'd probably do the self disembark option personally.

When you get to the airport, you will have to go through a USDA inspection station as well as security. We didn't realize this, and you can actually walk around the USDA station, so we got all the way to security, waited in line for about half an hour, just to be turned around because we didn't have the USDA stickers on our luggage. Had to go back to the USDA station, get our bags checked, and then wait in the security line again.

Here's an important tip for you at the airport in SJU:

Hire a Porter when you exit your cab. The Porter will whisk you through the USDA inspection and alleviate all those worries.

It's well worth it. Please tip the Porter accordingly.

Noon is perfect. We are comfortable with anything after 11:00.

Our trip to San Juan on the Adventure is still another 15 months away, but I'm curious if the RCCL luggage valet service works for San Juan. Anyone know?

No, but I wish it did. We have a 6pm flight and still unsure of what we will do with our luggage.

Our trip to San Juan on the Adventure is still another 15 months away, but I'm curious if the RCCL luggage valet service works for San Juan. Anyone know?

Not according to this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Edited by clarea

Evening...to tag onto this thread, we also booked a return flight of 12n after our AOS cruise. There will be 5 of us and one person will need w/c assistance. My question is do they take that person and all of us thru the agrigcultural check and on to security or is hiring the porter still the best option?

As a data point, we just got off the Adventure and onto a 12:45 flight this past Saturday (the 11th).

We actually waited at the gate for a long time- granted, we were able to get off pretty quickly at 9am with the suite guests, but we were at the airport well before 10am.

The ag check is for bags only. All bags- including carry on. But the people don't have to be there (as long as there's someone to deal with it. We managed to find a rather underutilized check station near the Delta section- it's all the way to the right almost between the two terminals. Our taxi driver tipped us to it.

We self-disembarked the Jewel and were at SJU airport by 7:30am. There were no lines, and we were at the gate before 8am. We had a 1pm flight, but were easily able to get onto the 9:30am flight standby. This was on Jet Blue.

I would absolutely feel comfortable booking a flight that leaves around 11am or noon.

Forgot I had one other question. My son has metal from leg & ankle injuries and a small plate in his face from Football injuries years ago. Some times he has not had any problem with security and a few time has. The security seem to not like you to show them the paper or card from the doctors. How bad is it flying out of San Juan with this issue?

Thanks