Airport transfers

Blondie0428

I've been so busy I forgot to book our airport transfer from the pier to Fort Lauderdale airport after our cruise is over. Is this something we can book once on board? The website said it has to be done 5 days prior to boarding the ship so I can no longer book it online.

If not, are there usually cabs available outside the port?

You should be able to book onboard. Also, there are cabs available. Going to FLL airport, the cab would probably be easier and less expensive. The airport is quite close to the port.

It looks like OP is sailing the Breeze out of Miami, so taxi would probably be around $75. Carnival transfer is $31 pp, and SAS is $15 pp.

I've been so busy I forgot to book our airport transfer from the pier to Fort Lauderdale airport after our cruise is over. Is this something we can book once on board? The website said it has to be done 5 days prior to boarding the ship so I can no longer book it online.

If not, are there usually cabs available outside the port?

Yes, you may purchase a transfer to the FLL airport onboard the ship. You do this at the Information Desk and NOT at the Shore Excursion Desk. I have had no problem doing this in the past. That being said, assuming that your ship is docking at Fort Lauderdale and not Miami, it is an easy, short taxi ride to FLL airport from the Fort Lauderdale port. If you are cruising out of Miami, I would purchase the transfer onboard.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by winddawn

OP, It really does matter if you are leaving from Miami or Port Everglades. If you are leaving from Port Everglades I would suggest a taxi.

From Miami check out SAS of quality limo service. Both are reliable and are cheaper than carnival's transportation service.

8 weeks ago we took a cab from the pier in Miami (the Breeze) to the airport.

2 of us for $30.00 including tip.

We stopped taking shuttles long ago. Cabs are less hassle, faster and priced competitively.

Don't forget to do the Carnival check in when you arrive at the airport. There is no one in line and the whole process took 10 minutes. You eliminate the embarkation crowds at the pier check-in

We stopped taking shuttles long ago. Cabs are less hassle, faster and priced competitively.

Don't forget to do the Carnival check in when you arrive at the airport. There is no one in line and the whole process took 10 minutes. You eliminate the embarkation crowds at the pier check-in

No, a cab from Port of Miami to FLL is not competitively priced.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

The rate is flat from port to airport and the reverse. We took 4 people in a cab for $30. No problem getting a cab in either place. No waiting.

Maybe if the OP was going to MIA, but they are going to FLL and a cab is not comparable to a shuttle. The only advantage a cab would have is that you MAY be able to grab a cab before you could your shuttle if you were in a super super hurry. But you're not going to be at a price advantage.

To the FLL airport? That can't be right.

I assume you were going to MIA airport, and this makes me wonder if some people even read the thread before commenting...

Edited by HawksFan74