Alaskian Salmon

Pet

<Gasp> "Farmed salmon" is a dirty word in my part of the world (well 2 dirty words really.:D

Well I live in your part of the world and I would say that the words may or may not be dirty depending upon your circumstances and of course what you read in the sensationalised media. Personally I am not fond of the product but again lots of people don't know the difference between farmed Atlantic salmon and wild Pacific salmon, I can tell the difference just looking at it long before I read this sticker on it. One of the biggest single advantages of the farmed product is that it allows restaurants to order x number of uniformly sized, fresh, fish which is important to them. So NO, farmed salmon is not all bad.

Well I live in your part of the world and I would say that the words may or may not be dirty depending upon your circumstances and of course what you read in the sensationalised media. Personally I am not fond of the product but again lots of people don't know the difference between farmed Atlantic salmon and wild Pacific salmon, I can tell the difference just looking at it long before I read this sticker on it. One of the biggest single advantages of the farmed product is that it allows restaurants to order x number of uniformly sized, fresh, fish which is important to them. So NO, farmed salmon is not all bad.

And we are all entitled to our opinion. And in mine, yes it is bad - very bad.

<Gasp> "Farmed salmon" is a dirty word in my part of the world (well 2 dirty words really.:D

And we are all entitled to our opinion. And in mine, yes it is bad - very bad.

It occurs to me that in these posts you have said to very different things but lets go with the last remark. Perhaps you could explain to the reader what you don't like about farmed salmon other than "its bad-very bad".:confused:

Edited by Putterdude

It occurs to me that in these posts you have said to very different things but lets go with the last remark. Perhaps you could explain to the reader what you don't like about farmed salmon other than "its bad-very bad".:confused:

not the person you asked but in my part of the world, there is a huge difference. Farmed salmon is much fattier and simply does not have the same taste, at least to me.

We both live in an area where it is a very hot topic, and evidently we are on opposite sides of the topic. So no, I do not need to explain anything to you, no more than you need to explain to me. The only further comment I will make is that salmon was never meant to be farmed and penning is not keeping the disease and lice away from the wild salmon. Now, this is totally off topic from cruising so that is my last word on the subject.

not the person you asked but in my part of the world, there is a huge difference. Farmed salmon is much fattier and simply does not have the same taste, at least to me.

And you can smell the difference too. It also lacks the rich flavours of pacific non farmed salmon

We both live in an area where it is a very hot topic, and evidently we are on opposite sides of the topic. So no, I do not need to explain anything to you, no more than you need to explain to me. The only further comment I will make is that salmon was never meant to be farmed and penning is not keeping the disease and lice away from the wild salmon. Now, this is totally off topic from cruising so that is my last word on the subject.

It is not a hot topic at all other than on rare occasion the sensationalized media does a story. Given that millions of pounds farmed salmon are raised and sold to restaurants and consumers, if it was to quote you "its bad -very bad" then I suppose it begs the question why do people and restaurants purchase it? Further, other then to quote what you believe to be correct and can't or won't support your argument...then you and your comment lack creditability. So as again to quote you "this is my last word on the subject" I don't expect that we will hear further from you. However in the unlikely event you would care to open your mind and educate yourself further on the topic of farmed salmon in BC you may find the attached link of interest.

http://bcsalmonfarmers.ca/