British Isles Cruises - what cruise line does them?

A very quick and dirty search using an online travel agent's search tool suggests that the following cruise lines have cruises that touch at least some British Isles ports. That may be a start for research:-

• Azamara Club Cruises
  • Celebrity
  • Cruise & Maritime Voyages
  • Crystal
  • Cunard
  • Disney
  • Fred. Olsen Cruise Line
  • Hebridean Island Cruises
  • Holland America
  • Lindblad Expeditions
  • MSC Cruises
  • Norwegian
  • Oceania Cruises
  • P&O Cruises
  • Ponant Yacht Cruises
  • Princess
  • Regent
  • Seabourn
  • Silversea
  • Swan Hellenic
  • Viking Cruises
  • Voyages of Discovery
  • Windstar

You will probably have to do a lot of homework, as these cruises are special and don't have a regular run. Your best bet is to go to an online cruise travel agent and plug in British Isles, and then you can see when and what line is offering them.

A lot of BI cruises don't stop in many English ports. We left from Harwich and only stopped in Liverpool. All the other ports were in Ireland, N. Ireland, Scotland, Guernsey Island and Le Harve, France.

Hi everyone,

We'd really like to do a British Isles cruise but other than Princess and Cunard, who does them? I'm sure Regent and Oceania does but they are terribly expensive, I think?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

We are scheduled for a British Isle cruise with Celebrity on the Silhouette on August 8th, can hardly wait. We will start in Amsterdam and go to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

Edited by 2ashevillesailors

I have a few suggestions on what to see on the BI cruise.

Liverpool-take the bus tour of N. Wales.

Belfast-take the tour to the Giant's Causeway, Rope Bridge and city tour.

Don't miss seeing Edinburgh if you haven't see it.

Dublin, the HoHo bus is great.

Thank you Globaliser and everyone else too. I will begin my search today.

We did two cruises on Cruise and Maritime Marco Polo. She gets some bad reviews but frankly we quite enjoyed them and the crew were great. For the price they can't be beat. Just do not expect too much but the port they call at make up for small cabins, no balconies and only so so food.

If you really want a British Isles cruise you cannot beat these people:

www.trinityhouse.co.uk/holidays/patricia-voyages/cruise.html

Regards John

I have heard of booking on freighters, especially for booking a transatlantic.

These are far smaller ships that most cruise ships, i would think that in a storm, it would be more likely to be sea sick.

• 1 year later...

I was happy to come across this old post because we are just beginning our search for cruise lines offering a British Isles itinerary. I was wondering if anyone may have advice for us. Just to give brief context of our traveling style, we've gone with Holland America to Alaska and Baltics, and been very happy with them. We have a brochure from Crystal with a British Isles itinerary that looks interesting to us so now we're on the hunt for comparisons.

Our group will be looking for a 7-10 day trip that includes ports in England, Scotland, Ireland at least. This will be a 3 generation family trip.

I'd love any pointers. Thanks!

Guest Nellsmom58
I was happy to come across this old post because we are just beginning our search for cruise lines offering a British Isles itinerary. I was wondering if anyone may have advice for us. Just to give brief context of our traveling style, we've gone with Holland America to Alaska and Baltics, and been very happy with them. We have a brochure from Crystal with a British Isles itinerary that looks interesting to us so now we're on the hunt for comparisons.

Our group will be looking for a 7-10 day trip that includes ports in England, Scotland, Ireland at least. This will be a 3 generation family trip.

We too were looking, and found some with Princess and Holland, but the itineraries were limited. Try them for comparison, especially since you liked Holland before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That will be a struggle 10days is the realistic min to get enough ports and most lines stopped those moving to 12.

Pacific Princess does an 8n but only 4 ports a typical 12n will have 8/9

We like the princes trips they have a few dates, Celebrity should be OK and HAL do them from

if you want Edinburgh and Ireland you may have to up the No. of nights if you can stick to the west coast then C&M Marco polo goes from Bristol but may not be the type of ship you are looking for.

Our group will be looking for a 7-10 day trip that includes ports in England, Scotland, Ireland at least.
As always, start by looking at some of the online cruise travel agents' websites. Although we aren't allowed to name any here, some of them have fairly sophisticated search engines that allow you to specify a combination of features, including both the area and the duration of the cruise. This will help you to narrow down your search quite quickly.

I have a few suggestions on what to see on the BI cruise.

Liverpool-take the bus tour of N. Wales.

Belfast-take the tour to the Giant's Causeway, Rope Bridge and city tour.

Don't miss seeing Edinburgh if you haven't see it.

Dublin, the HoHo bus is great.

Great suggestions, having just returned from Princess BI.

Used Busybus out of Liverpool: loved Wales! Snowdonia Natl Park is breathtaking!

Never saw anything like Giants Causeway, but long trip!

Loved Edinburgh!

IMG_1470403695.234143.jpg.1bb3784f05d7980a13e68c34bce02ed1.jpg

I'm booked on a Baltic Cruise on Royal Caribbean for next year. It's a 12 day cruise though.

It goes to Dover, England; St Peter Port, Channel Islands; 2 days in Edinburgh, Scotland; Greenock, Scotland; Loch Ness, Scotland; 2 days in Dublin, Ireland; Amsterdam, Netherlands.

All new places for me and I am excited :D

I'm booked on a Baltic Cruise on Royal Caribbean for next year. It's a 12 day cruise though.

It goes to Dover, England; St Peter Port, Channel Islands; 2 days in Edinburgh, Scotland; Greenock, Scotland; Loch Ness, Scotland; 2 days in Dublin, Ireland; Amsterdam, Netherlands.

All new places for me and I am excited :D

Think you've got your cruises mixed up....

Just returned yesterday from 14 night Crystal Symphony UK/Ireland cruise. Three generation BIG birthday celebration. Fabulous. When judging price, remember what's included/excluded: gratuities, alcohol, transfers, internet, specialty dining, and the list goes on. For us Isle of Skye was the highlight.