Check your rates 7/20

Just a head's up...our rate for two cove balconies aboard the Breeze, 8 day dropped $660 for early Jan. good through today.

I hadn't gotten any sale emails lately and have been out of town so I figured I'd check.

Hopefully others will benefit too.

I just checked and my rate went down too! Not nearly as much as yours did (kudos to you!), but thanks to you, we have more OBC now!!!

Thanks for the heads up! Ours didn't drop any... I'm assuming it's because we're in a regular balcony, not cove, and our sail date is next April so I'm sure since that's a peak month it won't have many price drops[emoji17]

Can someone explain how Early Saver works? When I have done a mock booking, it asks me exactly what kind of cabin I want, and I can choose the exact cabin. So, if I'm already selecting the specific cabin number of the specific type of cabin I want, then how can they say they will give me a free upgrade? The next step up from what I want (spa balcony) would be a spa suite and it specifically says they won't upgrade from balcony to suite.

To answer mintsugarcube about price drop. When momof3cruisers said hers

went down 660.00 I am pretty sure that was for three cruisers. Yours is

probably only for two. Way to go anyway. I am not sailing until

June 26, 2016 so I do not expect any drops because it is summer and

they will have plenty of cruisers so they will not have to drop.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Can someone explain how Early Saver works? When I have done a mock booking, it asks me exactly what kind of cabin I want, and I can choose the exact cabin. So, if I'm already selecting the specific cabin number of the specific type of cabin I want, then how can they say they will give me a free upgrade? The next step up from what I want (spa balcony) would be a spa suite and it specifically says they won't upgrade from balcony to suite.

As I understand it, the two-category basically covers the lowest-priced categories (subcategories might be a better term here) and allows you to get a better sub-category for the same price as a lower sub-category.

The attached images might illustrate it best. This is for a Conquest sailing in 2016. Balcony cabins from 8A up to 8D all have the same rate under this promotion. So you can get an 8A, 8B, 8C or 8D for the same price.

If you create a mock booking on Carnival's website, you'll see it as more decks for that balcony category as "included in price" rather than the +$5.00 or what-have-you that you'd normally see. You'll still see some plus-dollars, but you'll have a wider variety of "included in the price" than you normally would without a "free upgrade" promotion.

I happened to capture these screenshots just as the weekend ES promotion was ending, so I recaptured them with the current FS rates so you can see how they line up between Fare Viewer and booking system. The current FS promotion also includes the "upgrade". The booking system screenshot is hard to see because it's so small, but categories 8A through 8D are all the same price.

es2caupgexmplfs2.jpg.2af6cada43f576ddad62edf2459e93ff.jpg

es2caupgexmplbe2.jpg.980acc2a2bae7a67b1e6571450704389.jpg

es2caupgexmplfs3.jpg.6b3ccc66efea1bca99c5ec1bdefeab75.jpg

If I booked through a travel agent, can I submit my own form? Also, when you submit a form, do you get some kind of confirmation when you hit the submit button. I tried to submit one this morning and nothing appeared to happen. For the first time ever, the cruise I have was booked through a travel agent, and of course, for the first time ever, there is a price drop. Can anyone provide me with what I should expect to see, or if I can even submit on my own. Thanks

If I booked through a travel agent, can I submit my own form? Also, when you submit a form, do you get some kind of confirmation when you hit the submit button. I tried to submit one this morning and nothing appeared to happen. For the first time ever, the cruise I have was booked through a travel agent, and of course, for the first time ever, there is a price drop. Can anyone provide me with what I should expect to see, or if I can even submit on my own. Thanks

If you booked through a TA then NO you cannot submit your own price drop form. Your TA must do it for you.

I'm cruising Jan 10th on the Breeze and the fare has gone UP to what I paid. I first thought it dropped because it is normally the first cruise on the page and the first on the page had a different price. Make sure to match the dates if you are used to checking everyday. They do get tossed around.

Just got an email confirmation that our form was approved, and they took the difference, but they also removed our OBC we had from our original booking. Is that typical?

It happens. I am guessing your OBC was part of the promotion you booked. Since you are price matching to a different promotion that doesn't include the OBC you lose it. IF your OBC was from a stock holders benefit or from booking on board you will need to call Carnival and have it put back on your account.

I booked ES most cruises and have become pretty good at figuring out when I am eligible and that it is an advantage to submit vs when to leave things alone.

It happens. I am guessing your OBC was part of the promotion you booked. Since you are price matching to a different promotion that doesn't include the OBC you lose it. IF your OBC was from a stock holders benefit or from booking on board you will need to call Carnival and have it put back on your account.

I booked ES most cruises and have become pretty good at figuring out when I am eligible and that it is an advantage to submit vs when to leave things alone.

Definitely just figured that out. Thanks.

It looks like I may end up with a price adjustment on one cabin, but how can I find out if I am eligible or not? And what do I do if the price is lower?

Sorry to sound so uninformed. LOL. I originally called a PVP and she booked the cruise. I'm not sure if she booked ES or not. I just gave her our info when a friend gave me her number.

Any ideas? We did pick actual rooms (cove balconies) since we need connecting rooms to our kids. We sail on 11/29 from Galveston and everyone is a past guest.

Any help is appreciated!

- Cindy