Resort For The Day..

Tminish

First let me apologize if this question has already been asked. I glanced at the threads and didn't see anything in reference to this.

Visiting Cozumel in November on Getaway and I would like to visit a resort for the day while we are there. Can anyone suggest a good one they have booked before? It does have to be kid friendly as my 2 nieces will be with me as well.

Just a place where there's lots of things to do, on the water, food included or at least a meal voucher.

Thanks in advanced for all of your help!

Tracie from Georgia!

How old are your kids? :confused: Playa Mia is better for smaller kids - kiddie water park, beach, etc.

Mr. Sanchos may be better for teens - all inclusive (food/drinks) for about $50 each and another $12+ each for water toys.

First let me apologize if this question has already been asked. I glanced at the threads and didn't see anything in reference to this.

Visiting Cozumel in November on Getaway and I would like to visit a resort for the day while we are there. Can anyone suggest a good one they have booked before? It does have to be kid friendly as my 2 nieces will be with me as well.

Just a place where there's lots of things to do, on the water, food included or at least a meal voucher.

Thanks in advanced for all of your help!

Tracie from Georgia!

Cozumel is a little different to some of the other islands and has some quite well developed "beach clubs" which are very popular with cruise ship visitors. You don't say how old your nieces are but I suggest you Google or look for threads on here for Paradise Beach, Mr Sanchos (PAYG or AI), playa Mia.

If you want an AI hotel resort look at the options on Cozumel Watersports.

At that age the kiddie water park at Playa Mia will not interest them, although the rest of the facilities are good.

I would probably focus on the AI side of Mr. Sanchos (about $50/adult, a little less for the two girls) and invest $12 each for the water toys bracelet - let them wear themselves out on the water toys while you enjoy another margarita at the swim-up-bar. :D

If you prefer a non-AI option head to Paradise Beach ($3 admission fee) with similar water toys, great facilities, and a HUGE pool.

Both will be about a $17 cab ride from the piers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 12 year old son and in June we went to Mr. Sanchos and in July we went to Playa Mia. He preferred Playa Mia. There are more activities at Playa Mia than at Mr. Sanchos like the paddle boats, water bicycles, slides and the floating water park is included in the price.

They do not offer Mr. Sanchos ... :confused:

Unless your excursions are somehow included in the price of your cruise (maybe due to large onboard credit?) there is NO reason to restrict your excursions in Cozumel to ship excursions.

Cozumel is small, safe, and incredibly easy to get around. Think outside the ship!

We did Mr Sancho's in June. Exit the ship, follow signs to the taxis, prices are clearly marked, get one, go and there will be someone there when you want to leave. Easy!! No excursion needed. The cost was $17 each way.

I just went to Cozumel today. I have been there 5 times ams today was the near ever. We went to Paradise beach. The pool and beach are outstanding. It is even prettier in person. Immaculate and inexpensive. 3.00 entry fee, and you have to spend 10.00 on food or drink while you are there. It's a great deal. I think it is 15.00 extra for use of the floats, water toys and inflatable trplinea and slides. We had an outstanding day. No seaweed !!! Bring water socks. All of the beaches on Cozumel have a few rocks at the waters edge that can be slippery. The pool is big and beautiful with loungers in the water.