Bragging Rights - Right or Wrong?

chocolatetraveler user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifBragging Rights - Right or Wrong?

In locker room after fitness class last evening:

Lady1: Hi, I noticed your cruising tshirt during class. I can’t wait for my cruise, first time for me.

Lady2: (blank look) Well, when you get at least 10 under your belt, we can talk.

Lady1: (surprised look) Oh, no, I am just excited and I saw your tshirt.

Lady2: I get all sorts of perks, gifts and complimentary limousine service in every port because I am Platinum status. I dine at the Captain’s table every cruise. I could brag, but I won’t.

Lady1: Wow!

I watched the entire exchange and was taken aback at how “elitist” Lady2 was. Lady1 was just making conversation. Lady2 turned her back and gathered her stuff. Lady1 looked around and walked off.

Is this true about the comp limo and captain table dining?

Okay, first, Lady2 is a biatch and a liar. If I had been observing this conversation I would have called her on it. Asked her specific questions and then called her the egotistical person she was. Then I would have informed the innocent Lady 1 that please don't judge cruisers by this ignorant woman - and yes, I would have said it in front of Lady 2.

My thought: Lady 2 bought the shirt at a yard sale and never was on a cruise so she had nothing to talk about.

Even cheaper: One of her kids bought it for her.

Or she stole it from a Goodwill rack.

Is fabricating fake reasons to dislike her so much better than her boastfulness? It seems similar, conceptually, to what she's being accused of. Making up tall tales so she can feel superior to someone else. Is putting someone else down with these tall tales supposed to be better than pumping yourself up with tall tales?

Is fabricating fake reasons to dislike her so much better than her boastfulness? It seems similar, conceptually, to what she's being accused of. Making up tall tales so she can feel superior to someone else. Is putting someone else down with these tall tales supposed to be better than pumping yourself up with tall tales?

Who needs a fake reason to dislike her;)? Humor is as good a way of dealing with her as any other.

The wife and I are on our first cruise next year....making a note of what to brag about and what to get just to feed BS to the newbies :D On a serious note I feel sorry for people who think they need to brag about what they have or what they have done, it just goes to show how sad there little lifes are. Hoping to meet more of the first lady :)

In locker room after fitness class last evening:

Lady1: Hi, I noticed your cruising tshirt during class. I can’t wait for my cruise, first time for me.

Lady2: (blank look) Well, when you get at least 10 under your belt, we can talk.

Lady1: (surprised look) Oh, no, I am just excited and I saw your tshirt.

Lady2: I get all sorts of perks, gifts and complimentary limousine service in every port because I am Platinum status. I dine at the Captain’s table every cruise. I could brag, but I won’t.

Lady1: Wow!

I watched the entire exchange and was taken aback at how “elitist” Lady2 was. Lady1 was just making conversation. Lady2 turned her back and gathered her stuff. Lady1 looked around and walked off.

Is this true about the comp limo and captain table dining?

Did the logo on "Lady"2's (note the use of quotes around "lady" as she sure ain't a lady) say "Staten Island Ferry"?

LOL!!

DON

The only limo I know about was on Crystal when you took a full world cruise, and that was from your home to the airport, and I'm not sure they do that anymore.....

They still do. It's also from arrival airport to port or hotel in port city.