I'm so mad!!

P.A.

Calling all computer nerds...............For about 3 weeks now, I have not been able to pull up the Princess.com website. I know it is my computer because other people can. I can't even get in through Internet Explorer or Yahoo DSL. I've called the techs at AOL and they were not able to resolve this issue. We have tried all kinds of things. They said it might be an Internet Explorer problem and I will probably have to take my computer in to a professional.

Has this ever happend to anyone and can someone make any suggestions? This is the only website I can't get in! :(

Calling all computer nerds...............For about 3 weeks now, I have not been able to pull up the Princess.com website. I know it is my computer because other people can. I can't even get in through Internet Explorer or Yahoo DSL. I've called the techs at AOL and they were not able to resolve this issue. We have tried all kinds of things. They said it might be an Internet Explorer problem and I will probably have to take my computer in to a professional.

Has this ever happend to anyone and can someone make any suggestions? This is the only website I can't get in! :(

Try using a different WEb Browser such as Opera, Firefox. They are free and much better and safer than IE. Happy Cruising!

I have had the same problem with other sites. If I go to google.com from aol, search for what I want (princess in your case), and then click on the hit on google, I can get there. My family thinks it's something aol does to the computer. Good Luck!

I prefer to use firefox, it is safer but there are some web sites that will not let me in such as my .com address for my job, so then I switch to internet explorer and get right in. Do you get any type of error message?

Empty out your cookies and temporary files. Then try it. Next look for spyware.

WCAB said my suggestion first -- remove your temporary files. AOL downloads graphics to your computer from every single page you open, including multiple graphics every time you sign on and view the Welcome Screen. If you go to the AOL message boards, they also download graphics to your computer. This creates a huge number of temporary files and if you try to go to a website, blocks the graphics from the website from loading.

Go to Settings > Internet (Web) Options > Select "Always compress web graphics" and save.

Then, on the same Options page, click the link "Use your Internet Explorer Settings" > Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files. It will probably take several minutes to delete the files.

Thanks guys so much for all your expertise! I had already tried most of your suggestions on here and it didn't work. However, I did download the FireFox and was able to pull up Princess.com website. I had even called the place where they fixed my computer last, and he was stumped as to why there was just ONE website I could not pull up. Crazy! But now I can get it and I guess I am satisfied.

Thanks again for all you guys help and suggestions! I love this board! :) I'll be cruising next May to the Eastern Caribbean (2nd cruise on Princess & 2nd cruise to the Eastern Caribbean), so I'll be on here getting all the scoop!

Until then.............

Archived