Disembarking day early in Istanbul?

smch916

Hi,

We have an overnight in port in Istanbul in September on the Equinox. I'm curious to know if we will be able to disembark the first day we arrive in port? We'd like to be to head to a hotel to begin our stay early and not have to return to the ship. If it has to be arranged ahead of time, does someone have an email contact?

Thank you.

From the Celebrity website FAQ

"Can I Join My Cruise After It Starts Or Disembark Before It Ends?

It depends on the specific itinerary of your cruise, your nationality, and various United States and foreign laws. Joining the cruise at one of its ports of call or leaving the cruise prior to its scheduled termination point may be prohibited by law. If you need to join late or leave early, or both, submit your request in advance and we will tell you whether your proposed changes will be permitted.

For more information, call 800-256-6649. There is a cut-off date for submitting this information, so make your request early. Please note that no refunds, prorated or otherwise, are granted to customers who join their cruise late or leave their cruise early. Certain governments impose fines or other charges when a guest permanently disembarks from a cruise before its final port of call. The guest will be responsible for those charges."

"... Certain governments impose fines or other charges when a guest permanently disembarks from a cruise before its final port of call. The guest will be responsible for those charges."

In this instance the poster would be disembarking in the same port, but the day before. I can't imagine it would be a problem, except possibly with customs inspection of luggage.

Thank you all for your tips.

I called celebrity and I let them know my intent. They called another department, confirmed that it would be ok, and let me know to remind guest services once I board. After the ship clears customs in Istanbul, they will call us and we can disembark.

We had an overnight then disembark in Istanbul. The first day we just got off the ship. Actual disembarkation was awful as we had three ships going through immigration at once and a huge thunderstorm. So I think it will be important to get it sorted well before the day.