Help!! I have a big head and no hat

Ams1201

So I have 72 days until my RCL Oasis cruise. I have never had a floppy sun hat and want one. The problem is every time I try one on it doesn't quite fit on my big head. Is there any sun hats that are adjustable and still cute, or made for bigger heads?

Thanks for any help.

Wallaroos are adjustable & have an SPF50 built in. I have a great cowboy style with a turquoise band. They have many styles. If you don't want to buy on line most sporting goods & garden supply stores carry them

So I have 72 days until my RCL Oasis cruise. I have never had a floppy sun hat and want one. The problem is every time I try one on it doesn't quite fit on my big head. Is there any sun hats that are adjustable and still cute, or made for bigger heads?

Thanks for any help.

Hi

Llbean has unisex hats

I love mine

Black, washable, good for sun and rain

Our local Ross always has a good selection this time of year.

I am a sucker for hats especially wide brim sun hats and have found 3/4 different ones which all fold in there this year. I take at least two with me each trip and one got an extra outing on a long weekend in Savannah last month, so that justifies having so many, lol!

I also bought one on the ship last time (DCL) that had no top as such, still kept the sun off your face/neck and chest as it was a wide floppy brim too. (Also saw one of those in Ross without the DCL colours/logo for, of course, a fraction of the price).

Check the men's department in your local dept store ... some of their hats are quite nice looking, not overly masculine ... I've had luck there in the past ... from what I've seen, most women's hats are "one size fits most" and men's hats have actual sizes, including XL ... for those of us with extra large brains!!

Welcome to the BHLC (Big-Headed Ladies Club!). My husband and I both have x-large heads, and our oldest son is like a size 8+ head!!!

Anyway, I have found Walmart seems to have loose fitting ladies sun hats. I've also had good luck in the straw markets and cheaper souvenir shops in most ports. NOT the ship's store, because those hats run small.

I buy white ones: they reflect the sun and keep you cooler, and they go with any clothing.

My tip for keeping it on your head: take a pair of white shoelaces, poke one end of each through the side of the hat (under the band if there is one on the outside). Knot the end tightly, and then cut it off right at the knot so you have the smallest possible lump on the outside. Tie them together under your chin on breezy days.

My other trick is to safety pin a single piece of lingerie elastic under the inside band on each side.

I never have to worry about my hat blowing off, and both of these types of chin straps can be tucked up inside if you want.

I'm a total had freak!:D

I have hats of all kinds, shapes, sizes, colors, and styles. I don't have a large-sized head...more on the small/medium side (whatever that means...LOL). I find that straw hats have a tendency to fit looser on me more so than other types of material. I'm also a big fan of hats by Scalia (sp?). They have drawstrings on the inside of them which can be easily adjusted. I usually have to tighten mine so I'm thinking that it might be an option for you. I get mine (the Scalia's) mostly at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Target and Ross4Less also carry a wide variety of summer hats. I say keep trying and you'll find one that fits. I also agree with the poster that said to look in the men's section as I've found some great fedoras there. They run too big for me most of the time so that could be a great option for you.

I hope this helps and that you find the perfect hat for your trip.;)