Star

Baded

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm about this close to canx my new years NCL Star cruise. Imaging my thumb and fore finger about an inch apart, that's how close I am. I just found out that the Star does not have an adults only area! Is that correct, I'm sure all you Star cruises can tell me the truth. Also why not many if any photos of the Star. This wil be my 1st NCL and we are looking forward to it, but just can't find any information about the Star, can anyone help?

Please advise

:confused:

We've sailed on the Star 3 times. She looks terrific after her dry dock refurbishments earlier this year. Several reviews have been done here on CC with pictures - just search for Star reviews in March, April, May, June.

You can always purchase a spa pass and use the pool and hot tubs in there. No children in the spa area.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm about this close to canx my new years NCL Star cruise. Imaging my thumb and fore finger about an inch apart, that's how close I am. I just found out that the Star does not have an adults only area! Is that correct, I'm sure all you Star cruises can tell me the truth. Also why not many if any photos of the Star. This wil be my 1st NCL and we are looking forward to it, but just can't find any information about the Star, can anyone help?

Please advise

:confused:

What time of year are you sailing? I'm only asking because last year when we sailed the star to the Panama Canal the average age on the ship was 62. In other words, during non peak times you won't have a vast number of kids to worry about!!!

We sailed her in March and there is no adults only area.

Good to know! I just put a hold on an April 2016 for my wife and I. This would be our first NCL cruise. Our previous cruises have all been on RCL Oasis and Allure. They have a great Adults Only area. Maybe I will need to change to the Escape.

Just read your post and also one from cadien. It seems there is an adult area on Star but we looked for smoking areas and stayed clear which is why we totally missed deck 13. You can always join the Jade April cruise and celebrate my birthday...lol

I believe it's not technically an adults only area. I remember signs saying "Quiet Zone", but nothing indicating you couldn't bring kids in, assuming they were quiet.

Thanks for the input everyone, this is a New Year's cruise, Dec 27 to Jan3, don't know if a lot of kids will be there, kids aren't really the problem most of them do great on the ships but what my wife and I enjoy is just a place with less noise and relax in the sun or shade. We have cruised RCCL and they have a great area the is 18 (maybe 16) years and older only. I think carnival is 21 and above. This is our first NCL, I've always heard that NCL is a step above RCCL, what do you think? Thanks and keep the photos coming.

Thanks for the input everyone, this is a New Year's cruise, Dec 27 to Jan3, don't know if a lot of kids will be there, kids aren't really the problem most of them do great on the ships but what my wife and I enjoy is just a place with less noise and relax in the sun or shade. We have cruised RCCL and they have a great area the is 18 (maybe 16) years and older only. I think carnival is 21 and above. This is our first NCL, I've always heard that NCL is a step above RCCL, what do you think? Thanks and keep the photos coming.