Have new menu's been implemented yet?

soxfanattic

i had asked that question earlier thinking the same and that new menus were to be started in July, but the answer I received was that was done over 8 months ago on Breakaway?

I guess I may have misunderstood, I thought it was happening fleetwide in July , so if anyone does know for sure, would appreciate it. Was informed that the menus on " beyondships" are the current ones?

When we were on the Gem in June they said we were trying the new menus for the Escape and then they were going fleetwide. I think the Escape starts sailing in September so I would guess the new menus will go fleetwide after that. We thought the new menus were good.

New menus were fleet wide by the end of July. The menus on BeyondShips for the Breakaway are the current new menus fleetwide. http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

Do you think there new new menus coming?

Those appear to be the "old" new menus that were introduced last fall. The "new" new menus being introduced were trialled on the Gem in June and are set to go fleet wide starting with the Escape launch this fall. Some new items will be introduced, some current items kept but the overall number of choices reduced. The spin being put on this is that it will "enhance" the quality of food and dining experience, but to me it smacks of another Frank DelCheapo cost cutting measure.

Those appear to be the "old" new menus that were introduced last fall. The "new" new menus being introduced were trialled on the Gem in June and are set to go fleet wide starting with the Escape launch this fall. Some new items will be introduced, some current items kept but the overall number of choices reduced. The spin being put on this is that it will "enhance" the quality of food and dining experience, but to me it smacks of another Frank DelCheapo cost cutting measure.

You can get whiplash trying to keep track of all the changes! Wonder what I will get to eat on my Dawn cruise this September--new or new new?

Edited by pizzalady1

I guess we will just have to wait and see huh? To me it doesn't snack as anything right now. Menus change from time to time. I think, before judging we should wait and see what people sailing with the new menu have to say about the food.

These 2 menu pages were used on the Breakway back in late March - supposingly being tested, in the MDR, that's what we ordered for embarkation lunch ... - more recent BA pax can reaffirm whether they are the same or there is a newer & enhanced one.

Most of time, CC's tend to focus on the dinner experience and some are off the ship on port days & don't care for what's being served - given the MDR's limited hours for lunch.

Only reason that I'm posting these is that Beyond Ships menu might've missed these - they are jumbo sized pictures that I enhanced digitally for easier reading, but the fonts are "big" for anyone trying to view it on their smartphone or tablets - you can scroll on a laptop or desktop.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_EL01.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_EL02.jpg