Just off Gem - 8/1/2015

Hello I will be on the Gem 8/29 :)

On Great Stirrup Key, how much are the clam shells to rent ? I use a walker, are there path ways ? Last time I was there, they put me in a Sand Wheel chair to get me to the beach.

Was there drink service around the pool, or did you have to go stand at the bar if you wanted a drink ?

On Great Stirrup Key, how much are the clam shells to rent ? I use a walker, are there path ways ? Last time I was there, they put me in a Sand Wheel chair to get me to the beach.

Was there drink service around the pool, or did you have to go stand at the bar if you wanted a drink ?

I did not rent a clam shell so I cannot help with that but we rented a large round raft for $29. They still have the sand wheel chairs and there are pathways to walk on. We took the tram over to the lagoon. It is the furthest point on the island and it was very uncrowded. Most people do not know about it. Chairs there were plentiful. There was a bar and food and bathrooms there. If you want to go there the tram will take you right to the beach. To get to the tram go to the left as soon as you go through the entrance and it is a short walk to the tram stop. Ask one of the attendants to point the way since there are three paths going in that direction.

There were bar service waiters around the pool but they were few and they did not come through very often. We had to go to the bar for drinks and often there were lines waiting to get drinks. We went into the Spinnaker lounge on deck 13 (one up from the pool) where there is a bar and almost never had to wait to get a drink. Again, most people were not aware of that bar being open during the day.

Here is a picture of the lagoon:

Lagoon.jpg.ad45acadde4723a5eff73714a2d2488d.jpg

I'm a bit confused. Is Bali Hai the bar and grill near the pool or is there another one there? If a different one, does it have a name? When is food available there? Several people mentioned that they enjoyed the food there? What hours is it available?

I'm a bit confused. Is Bali Hai the bar and grill near the pool or is there another one there? If a different one, does it have a name? When is food available there? Several people mentioned that they enjoyed the food there? What hours is it available?

The Bali Hai bar is on deck 13, one deck above the pool deck. The bar on the pool deck is called the Topsider. There is barbecue food available on the pool deck in the early afternoon. They set up four large barbecue grills and have very good food there. The variety of food changes from day to day but they always had chicken, salads and corn on the cob. There is also a permanent buffet area right on the pool deck with a variety of food and then it is just a short walk to go to the main inside buffet which has a much larger variety of food. These buffets are available all day long.

at GSC this is the same food by the lagoon that you get at the regular beach area? they have more than one buffet set up?

There was only one buffet at the lagoon and that was never crowded since the lagoon was pretty much uncrowded. Lots of chairs but not lots of people. Later in the day more people found it but it still never got crowded. They had chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob and salads. There is also a bar set up at the lagoon. I do not know what they had at the main beach and I do not remember if they had other things at the lagoon.

While on the Gem, rented a clam shell at the lagoon on July 21st and it cost $35. Buffet and bar at the lagoon closed by 2PM.

What kind of food does Bali Hai serve? Hours?

Also, does the Gem have Iconcierge yet?

Do they offer a chocolate buffet or chocolate night?

Bali Hai is a bar and does not have food. There is food one deck below at the pool (burgers, hot dogs, corn on cob, salads, etc). There is much more food at the indoor buffet which is also located on the pool deck.

iConcierge does not work on Gem.

There is a chocolate night.

• 2 weeks later...
Bali Hai is a bar and does not have food. There is food one deck below at the pool (burgers, hot dogs, corn on cob, salads, etc). There is much more food at the indoor buffet which is also located on the pool deck.

iConcierge does not work on Gem.

There is a chocolate night.

The Bali Hai use to do hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries. I know you can get that downstairs at topsiders but it was nice to have that option while sitting up there. I wish they would bring that back.

The Bali Hai use to do hamburgers, hot dogs and french fries. I know you can get that downstairs at topsiders but it was nice to have that option while sitting up there. I wish they would bring that back.

According to NCL website, the Bali Hai does have hamburgers. I cannot wait to sail on Gem in 64 days!

I did not rent a clam shell so I cannot help with that but we rented a large round raft for $29. They still have the sand wheel chairs and there are pathways to walk on. We took the tram over to the lagoon. It is the furthest point on the island and it was very uncrowded. Most people do not know about it. Chairs there were plentiful. There was a bar and food and bathrooms there. If you want to go there the tram will take you right to the beach. To get to the tram go to the left as soon as you go through the entrance and it is a short walk to the tram stop. Ask one of the attendants to point the way since there are three paths going in that direction.

There were bar service waiters around the pool but they were few and they did not come through very often. We had to go to the bar for drinks and often there were lines waiting to get drinks. We went into the Spinnaker lounge on deck 13 (one up from the pool) where there is a bar and almost never had to wait to get a drink. Again, most people were not aware of that bar being open during the day.

Here is a picture of the lagoon:

[ATTACH]357864[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the tip on the tram and lagoon. This will be my first time and am a little confused. Is the tram at the ship or the beach. Also, did you notice if there was decent snorkeling off the beach? I know their is an excursion but it is expensive and we just assume bring our own equipment and wing it.

Thanks for the tip on the tram and lagoon. This will be my first time and am a little confused. Is the tram at the ship or the beach. Also, did you notice if there was decent snorkeling off the beach? I know their is an excursion but it is expensive and we just assume bring our own equipment and wing it.

You have to take a tender from the ship to the island. After you get off the tender and go through the gate you go to the left and follow the path to the tram stop. Almost everyone else will keep walking straight towards the crowded beach areas. You can ask any of the NCL employees who will be there to point you to the correct path. We only waited four or five minutes before the tram came along and took us to the lagoon.

I do not know if there are any good snorkeling spots on this island.

When we were there we saw plenty of people winging it and they said there was lots of fish to see...