Finally figured it out.. for newbies

For all those newbies afraid to ask the questions as I was. When you hit "Read First Unread" to read what you haven't read in a long thread in order for it to stay you can't hit "back".. Go up to the top and hit RCC board again and it will save what you have already read. Hope this helps someone else.. I have been messing with trying to figure this out for the last two weeks!

You got it, and don't forget those email notifications. They also help you "keep your place". If your email is sorted in date order, you can start reading them oldest first.

I have been a member for about 3 years. I don't know what you are talking about!

Sign me, Clueless in VA

I have been a member for about 3 years. I don't know what you are talking about!

Sign me, Clueless in VA

Go up to the top of the web page to the blue border and click on "User CP". This is your member area where all your preferences are shown.

Click "Edit Options" on the left side.

Go to "Messaging and Notification", and choose "instant email notification" for the "Default Thread Subscription Mode".

You'll get an email showing you new posts to threads you have subscribed to. You can subscribe to a thread either by posting, or going to the top of the thread and clicking on "Thread Tools" and clicking "Subscribe to this Thread".

Go up to the top of the web page to the blue border and click on "User CP". This is your member area where all your preferences are shown.

Click "Edit Options" on the left side.

Go to "Messaging and Notification", and choose "instant email notification" for the "Default Thread Subscription Mode".

You'll get an email showing you new posts to threads you have subscribed to. You can subscribe to a thread either by posting, or going to the top of the thread and clicking on "Thread Tools" and clicking "Subscribe to this Thread".

Wow! Learn something new every day!

Thanks!

Archived