FLL hotel face-off

I am helping a friend who will be cruising Jan 30th, flying in Jan 29th for one night pre-cruise and 2 night post-cruise Feb 6-8.

Found two possible contenders for hotels. She and her husband are celebrating their anniversary on this trip. Both hotels are Hiltons.

GALLERYone a Double Tree Suites is contender number one

Bahai Mar Ft Lauderdale Beach is contender number two.

Both GALLERYone or Bahia Mar Ft Lauderdale Beach for either pre or post days at $207 per night ($229.99 total pre cruise one night ) or $459.98 post cruise total. (using Hilton MVP site)

Pros and cons for any all of the above, thanks!

Rooms at gallery one are bigger but bahia mar is near the beach

I had read on another post that bahia mar will be renovated and the works will be held on January so better confirm that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both great choices. It would be fun to stay in one before and one after. Gallery One is perfect because they can walk to Publix or CVS if they need anything, and there are a lot of good restaurants around there. There is a water taxi stop right on site and a very nice mall next door. The beach is about 3 blocks away. The rooms are suites. Bahia Mar is only better because it's at the beach.

What is more important to your friends? Being on the beach or being within walking distance of shops and reataurants? Do they prefer a newer property or does it matter to them?

Roz

I vote for Bahia Mar--a Doubletree property. We have stayed there several times pre-cruise and the rooms are nice, walking distance to restaurants, shops and the cost is generally a bit less than some of the others in similar catagory. Last cruise from FLL we stayed at Marriott Beach Place and though the rooms were nice, it was a really inconvenient entrance (thru the parking garage, steps, etc). Will go back to Bahia Mar next time.

• 1 month later...

I think my friend ended up going with Rodeway express. Whatever! :eek: I hope she doesn't ask me for advice again! Anyway, now I have a cruise booked for out of FLL so I have taken into consternation what you all have said. My son on the other hand has a discount through Marriott so, sometimes that might help out. I am looking at (I think) Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. I still like the hotels I asked about earlier if the Marriott doesn't work out. It is still way too early to check out prices for me. My dates are Dec 2016.

Thanks!

I think my friend ended up going with Rodeway express. Whatever! :eek: I hope she doesn't ask me for advice again! Anyway, now I have a cruise booked for out of FLL so I have taken into consternation what you all have said. My son on the other hand has a discount through Marriott so, sometimes that might help out. I am looking at (I think) Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. I still like the hotels I asked about earlier if the Marriott doesn't work out. It is still way too early to check out prices for me. My dates are Dec 2016.

Thanks!

Rodeway Express...happy anniversary :eek:

Thanks!

We get the Marriott discount through my son-in-law and have used it at Springhill Suites. Hard to get a great price in FLL with it, but sometimes you get lucky. Try it as soon as they become available to book and keep trying as you go, as prices change almost daily. Last time we got the best deal about 30 days prior to the date we needed.

I had read on another post that bahia mar will be renovated and the works will be held on January so better confirm that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've booked at the Bahia Mar for our pre-cruise overnighters for the same cruise ... on the website it says the renovations are ongoing through to November, so hopefully we'll have the benefit of the renovations by then. :)

Also, due to a unforeseen complication, my husband and I spent our honeymoon night sleeping in the car. A tiny Honda Civic. We'd have jumped at the Rodeway. :-)

Edited by CanadianDee

We get the Marriott discount through my son-in-law and have used it at Springhill Suites. Hard to get a great price in FLL with it, but sometimes you get lucky. Try it as soon as they become available to book and keep trying as you go, as prices change almost daily. Last time we got the best deal about 30 days prior to the date we needed.

I was able to get a get price on my pre-cruise hotel for NOLA by booking like the very day the Courtyard opened. The particular hotel is not showing up available, much less for the employee f/f rate. I think I got lucky. I am still waiting for post-cruise (aug 28th) to open up. It's killing me waiting. I do have a decent back up plan for Nola though.

I am hoping for the same in FLL, but prepared to pare much more. BTW, I will NOT stay at the Rodeway express or any other known dump! :D

Any idea how many days on average FLL hotels open up for booking?

Thanks!

Marriott Harbor Beach is great!...If you dont want to go that fancy there is Courtyard Marriott which is casual but in a great location...also Marriott Beach Place towers is Marriott Time shares that you can stay if they are not full..we are Marriott Platinum Elite level ..and have stayed at all three places...for a one night stay I would stay at the Courtyard because of location and price..Beach Place is just as close to Las Olas but pricier...

If you are thinking Hiltons...right between the two you are considering is The Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort..we just stayed there in April for three nights before our cruise on the Oasis for my son's spring break..we had a 2 queen 1 bedroom suite and it was great...this is a very nice resort...compares to the Marriott Harbor Beach...all that I mentioned are Beach front properties

Edited by jillmom2