shorts in the dining room for a 3 year old boy?

Thanks for the laugh - everyone who says a 3yo can make clothing decisions and dress them self. Ok, maybe they can physically handle putting the clothes on if laid out and enough time is given and a little help, but op just asked if it would be allowed. She didn't ask for anyone's judgement or opinion.

And as many have said here, you are good to go with shorts!! Have a great cruise.

That's the best response yet! The OP doesn't want opinions, but here's mine....

But really, opinions are exactly what people are usually looking for, when they post here. Some just get a little to uptight when other people's opinions don't match their own.

I tend to agree with the majority of opinions here, that shorts on a child as young as 3 are just fine. But the cruise line states that shorts are not appropriate in the MDR for dinner, and doesn't give an age exemption. So, if we strip away all opinion, that should be the answer.

That's the best response yet! The OP doesn't want opinions, but here's mine....

But really, opinions are exactly what people are usually looking for, when they post here. Some just get a little to uptight when other people's opinions don't match their own.

I tend to agree with the majority of opinions here, that shorts on a child as young as 3 are just fine. But the cruise line states that shorts are not appropriate in the MDR for dinner, and doesn't give an age exemption. So, if we strip away all opinion, that should be the answer.

I don't see it as opinion but more of "here is what happens in reality."

It's the same as the can I bring on soda and water question. Royal's policy is abundantly clear to anyone that can read it, but people still ask. Not because they want peoples opinions on the subject, but because they want to know what happens in the real world. Whether Royal enforces it's own policies or not isn't really an opinion, but an observation based on practical experience. And for many people, the practical experience is Royal won't enforce their policy in the case of a young child in shorts.

The cruise line also states that no non alcoholic beverages can be brought on board yet thousands do it every week.

Next?

We could go on all day about what the cruiseline states but rarely if ever enforces. Reserving chairs is the next thing that comes to mind.

Edited by ryano

It's the same as the can I bring on soda and water question. Royal's policy is abundantly clear to anyone that can read it, but people still ask. Not because they want peoples opinions on the subject, but because they want to know what happens in the real world. Whether Royal enforces it's own policies or not isn't really an opinion, but an observation based on practical experience. And for many people, the practical experience is Royal won't enforce their policy in the case of a young child in shorts.

Bingo ^^^^^^^^^^

I sort of agree with you, but there are certain people who get all up in arms, if someone dares say something is not appropriate. So, I do see these questions as inviting opinion. I see those who go on rants about other people being judgmental and needing to mind their own business as more of a disruption to discussion than the ones who express an opinion, for example, that even a 3 year old should wear pants.

That's one person's opinion, and it's easy enough to express a different opinion, with the histrionics.

The cruise line also states that no non alcoholic beverages can be brought on board yet thousands do it every week.

Next?

We could go on all day about what the cruiseline states but rarely if ever enforces. Reserving chairs is the next thing that comes to mind.

Exactly. So what is preferable: allowing those who think you should abide by what the cruise line states have their opinion, or carrying on about how they are judgmental and need to mind their own business and "nobody asked for your opinion"?

You appear to be aligned with the latter. But to me that's silly because 1) it doesn't work - you can't effectively bully people into shutting up on an internet forum, and 2) it (IMO) disrupts the discussion even more than the "unwanted" opinions.

In this thread, there are a couple opinions that even a 3-year-old needs to dress in long pants, a bunch of opinions that it is fine, and a bunch of bickering and name-calling about the couple of minority opinions.

Edited by Paul65

Must be a slow news day.

Five pages on the topic of dress for a THREE YEAR OLD!

OP - enjoy your cruise. Dress your THREE YEAR OLD in clothing that will allow him to be comfortable and he ( and you ) will have a great cruise.

M