upsell suite equals two cruise credits?

mina

21 minutes ago, bagney said:

Our experience of taking an upsell from interior to balcony a couple years ago was that the amount of onboard credit received for using the Future Cruise Deposit we used did not change. I questioned Princess about this at the time and was told that no increase in OBC would be received as we were only entitled to the amount based on our original cabin category at booking. 

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, that is how I thought it would be. 

Edited by metairiegal

2 hours ago, metairiegal said:

Is this part for sure?  No increase in the FCC onboard credit when you take an upsell?

(Before I get yelled at, I am pretty sure it is correct, but it is something I was wondering about.  This is our first time taking an upsell and I just wanted to double check with ya'll.) 

Yes, it’s for sure.

I took an Upsell to a suite  last year and the Princess Rep was very clear in saying I would not qualify for the 2 cruise credits despite I would sail in a suite. I got just 1 as a reflection of my original booking in Mini suite.

We also got an upsell on our second cruise and had to call to receive a "courtesy credit".  The first time I called, the rep told me we didn't qualify as we hadn't booked a suite originally.  After questioning that, here on CC, I called back and received the second credit.  

We had no idea of the suite perks and didn't take advantage of most of them.  But sure did enjoy the extra room!