Uber from Seattle cruise terminal

Ed

I seem to know all the tricks to get Uber from SeaTac airport to go downtown to the hotel. Has any one used Uber from downtown hotel to port but more importantly from the port after getting off the ship to the airport. Is there a good place to meet up with Uber at the port in Seattle to go back to Seatac airport?

I seem to know all the tricks to get Uber from SeaTac airport to go downtown to the hotel. Has any one used Uber from downtown hotel to port but more importantly from the port after getting off the ship to the airport. Is there a good place to meet up with Uber at the port in Seattle to go back to Seatac airport?[/quote

Is there a trick to getting picked up at the airport? I thought they picked up at the airport. I was planning to use UBER at the airport.

Deb

Uber SUV and Uber XL are allowed to pick up at SeaTac for a higher fee than Uber X. In order to get UberX you pull up the Uber app once at SeaTac then move the pin outside the airport and when you communicate with the Uber driver advise you are at the airport and where you are. They will hopefully accommodate your request and come to the airport since the pin point you moved is just around the airport.

Edited by Ed

Uber SUV and Uber XL are allowed to pick up at SeaTac for a higher fee than Uber X. In order to get UberX you pull up the Uber app once at SeaTac then move the pin outside the airport and when you communicate with the Uber driver advise you are at the airport and where you are. They will hopefully accommodate your request and come to the airport since the pin point you moved is just around the airport.

Hi Ed,

I started researching after I read your post. I also read that you can walk over to the Hilton that is attached to the airport and pick up a Uber X.

Deb

I seem to know all the tricks to get Uber from SeaTac airport to go downtown to the hotel. Has any one used Uber from downtown hotel to port but more importantly from the port after getting off the ship to the airport. Is there a good place to meet up with Uber at the port in Seattle to go back to Seatac airport?

Here's the link for Uber in Seattle. Should be able to get the info you need here.

http://www.seattleuber.com/

Tom

Hi Ed,

I started researching after I read your post. I also read that you can walk over to the Hilton that is attached to the airport and pick up a Uber X.

Deb

Deb,

Just an FYI...there are no hotels attached to the airport. The Hilton is across the street on International Blvd.

• 6 months later...

I am also interested in how easy (or not) it is to use Uber from Pier 91. After returning from the cruise, my partner and I plan to pick up our rental car and go to San Juan Island for a few days. We don't plan to use a rental car company that has a kiosk at the pier (for various reasons, we prefer Avis), so we need to get to the downtown rental car location. I've read elsewhere on this board that getting a taxi at the pier upon disembarking can involve a long wait -- although perhaps using Uber doesn't really address that problem if lots of people from the ship are also requesting Uber rides.

In addition, we'll be in Seattle a few days prior to the cruise, staying at the Inn at the Market. I'd like to use Uber for a couple of trips around the city -- I assume from what I've read on this board that there shouldn't be any real issues with that?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

there really isn't any issue with using Uber from the port or from downtown. Uber x currently isn't allowed at Seatac however they say they will be allowed but they have been saying that since october when the contract with Yellow cab expired. Some drivers will pick you up but some won't risk it. They may want you to meet them on departure level vs baggage claim or ask you to sit in the front seat.

At the pier they would meet you in the passenger pick up zone just like you were meeting a friend or relative.

• 3 months later...
At the pier they would meet you in the passenger pick up zone just like you were meeting a friend or relative.

Just to confirm - is this correct?

We've just arrived in Seattle and have used Uber twice. One driver advised us that they weren't allowed to pick up at the pier and another driver told us they were allowed to...

We're embarking on our Celebrity cruise tomorrow and were planning on using Uber when we return to travel from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac. Searching Pier 91 in the app sets the location as the parking area. Is this where the pick up area would be?

If they are allowed to pick up, is there usually an abundance of Uber's available post cruise?

We have an 1100 flight departure and our ship docks at 0600. We were planning on doing a self disembark and heading straight to the airport. We have priority status with Delta so that should help us expedite through security too.

Just trying to work out whether an Uber / Cab / Shuttle / Town Car is the best option.

Thanks!

Set "smith cove cruise terminal" as your location. They'll pick you up just outside the terminal building in the passenger pick up area, across the drive from the taxi area.

No problems with getting vehicles. Request as you're finished with Customs and it should be just a few minutes.

Just as an FYI, I disembarked from Solstice yesterday just before 8 am. Absolutely no line for a taxi--I hopped right in and was off. At least yesterday, that turned out to be easier than Uber.

We were off the ship at 9:30am and had a 1/2 hour wait for a taxi. So getting off the ship early is beneficial to catch transportation to the airport or downtown.

I have never used Uber - not really sure how it works vs. taxi.

Can someone fill me in. We are a party of four travelling from Boston to Seattle. I am assuming each one of us will have a suitcase and carryons. One night precruise, probably downtown somewhere.

Thanks for advice.

I have never used Uber - not really sure how it works vs. taxi.

Can someone fill me in. We are a party of four travelling from Boston to Seattle. I am assuming each one of us will have a suitcase and carryons. One night precruise, probably downtown somewhere.

Thanks for advice.

We use UBER all the time. First you need to download the UBER app to your smartphone and set up the payment option. Other than a tip to the driver (I was surprised to learn that many don't tip) no cash changes hands. They simply charge your card and send you an email receipt ... that you receive promptly. You open the app and immediately see how long it will take a car to get to you. The entire process is done on the app. You see the driver's name, a picture of him/her, the kind of car they're driving and the license number. But, UBER X likely won't work for 4 of you plus luggage. Many UBER X cars are smaller sedans with average size to small trunks. You'll need to upgrade to UBER XL which is either a mini-van or SUV. If there are are four of us traveling we often upgrade to Black Car which is usually a large SUV (like a Chevy Suburban). It costs more than XL, but almost always less than the $15/per person that many of the shuttles/busses charge.

Edited by BigGuy25

We use UBER all the time. First you need to download the UBER app to your smartphone and set up the payment option. Other than a tip to the driver (I was surprised to learn that many don't tip) no cash changes hands. They simply charge your card and send you an email receipt ... that you receive promptly. You open the app and immediately see how long it will take a car to get to you. The entire process is done on the app. You see the driver's name, a picture of him/her, the kind of car they're driving and the license number. But, UBER X likely won't work for 4 of you plus luggage. Many UBER X cars are smaller sedans with average size to small trunks. You'll need to upgrade to UBER XL which is either a mini-van or SUV. If there are are four of us traveling we often upgrade to Black Car which is usually a large SUV (like a Chevy Suburban). It costs more than XL, but almost always less than the $15/per person that many of the shuttles/busses charge.

Thanks Big Guy :)

For four with luggage in Seattle, select either UberXL (SUV/crossover/minivan) or SUV (Yukon/Suburban/Expedition usually). I would not expect a random Uber Black to be anything more than a large sedan here.

To those new to Uber, ask friends or search around for a promo code for up to $20 off your first ride. They often look something like uber(ForumUsername) (obvz without the parentheses).

The typical UberX vehicle is a Prius or Corolla. They won't hold four adults with a rollaboard each in my experience. For the record, regular cabs in this town are also Priuses, so this isn't a problem exclusive to UberX.

Could 4 people fit in a car if you have just 22 inch carry on luggage?If we had 4 pieces of that and maybe one suitcase would that work?
As others have said, the small car likely won't hold even four pieces of small luggage. But, don't worry ... the price difference between UBER and UBER XL isn't all that dramatic!! Edited by BigGuy25