End of Cruise

ayrshireboy

My cruise finishes in Singapore and we are on the Mariner of the seas, however we have a really late flight (9pm). Can anyone tell me when you have to leave the ship or is there any contingencies made for people with late flights. I know that you can store your bags in the cruise terminal, but was wondering if Royal Caribbean did anything. Thanks for any help.

The best place to ask would be on the Royal Caribbean forum.

But the basic answer to your question is that most cruise lines, probably including RCI, want all passengers off the ship by 9am or 9:30am so that the crew can get the ship ready for embarking passengers.

Edited by NMLady

When we have had that situation in Singapore, we get a hotel for the night and fly home the following night. We go from the ship to the hotel and check our bags. It is too early to check in, but that is fine. Sometime the next morning we check out of the hotel and check our luggage again. When it is time to go to the airport, we claim our luggage and get a taxi.

This way we have two days to tour Singapore without having to worry about the luggage.

As mentioned you will be asked to be off the ship typically by 9:30 AM. There are no provisions I am aware of for staying on the ship longer as new passengers will be boarding by about 11:00 and the ship needs to clear customs with departing passengers first. Perhaps there are options for excursions or other sightseeing you can arrange for that day while awaiting your flight. Those options may have plans for handling your luggage as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Have you checked for any transfer/tours your cruiseline is offering?One of those will probably still get you to the airport hours early, but if I had to spend hours at an airport anywhere in the world, Singapore would be a top choice. ;)

Thanks for the replies, I know we can leave our cases at the cruise terminal, after that we can maybe go to universal studios, we are getting picked up for the airport about 4pm and I know that there are other things to do at the airport.

Thanks again