Purchased Thermal Pass online, now what?

I'm trying to avoid guest service lines on the first day and am wondering how NCL will identify that I have pre-purchased the thermal spa. Will they put a sticker on my sail card during check in? Do I go to the spa to get a sticker? Is the pass electronically programmed into the card from the get go or is it an entirely different keycard? Curious minds and all.:)

I would assume that they handle the passes like they handle passes for spa cabins (that is similar to other packages too, like UBP) - you might have the sticker already on your card at check-in, but if you don't, just go to the venue in question (spa) and enquire there.

Only time I've had spa pass was on Getaway when we had spa suite and we had spa stickers on our keycards already like the UDP stickers, UBP stickers we had to ask for in a bar for some reason.

Edited by Demonyte

I'd print out a copy of the receipt showing that you have purchased the spa pass. If there isn't something on your card when you check-in just go up to the spa with your paper in hand and they'll take care of you. On the EPIC I had a wristband, I don't recall having a sticker but maybe I had both.

I'm trying to avoid guest service lines on the first day and am wondering how NCL will identify that I have pre-purchased the thermal spa. Will they put a sticker on my sail card during check in? Do I go to the spa to get a sticker? Is the pass electronically programmed into the card from the get go or is it an entirely different keycard? Curious minds and all.:)

I just booked the Getaway on Dec 6 and I was thinking about getting the spa package. How much was it online?

I am from Michigan too. Do you fly into Ft. Lauderdale? I am trying to determine best options. Right now Spirit has very good rates but I would fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday and it's much cheaper to fly home on Monday. So I would have 1 day pre & 1 day post cruise.

I can't wait for December :)

I just booked the Getaway on Dec 6 and I was thinking about getting the spa package. How much was it online?

I am from Michigan too. Do you fly into Ft. Lauderdale? I am trying to determine best options. Right now Spirit has very good rates but I would fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday and it's much cheaper to fly home on Monday. So I would have 1 day pre & 1 day post cruise.

I can't wait for December :)

At this moment (could change by December); I purchased the thermal package under 'gifts and more'. It is stated as $179.00 pp. Ironically, I was charged $175.00.

We are flying into FLL with Delta (frequent flier miles). We transferring to our miami hotel for $15.00 pp. Lots of companies do the transfer, we are using ridesas.com We are staying pre cruise at the hyatt in Miami; also purchased on cc points, so I can't help with the cost there either.

I'm always nervous flying into port on departure date (especially with Spirit out of DTW). If you can fly in on Friday, I'd recommend that. As far as flying out on Monday, I'd recommend staying in FLL instead of Miami for 2 nights post cruise, but that's just me.:). Have fun!

Last month on the Dawn we had the UBP and pre-purchased the spa pass. The UBP was printed directly on our key cards, but there was nothing for the spa. While waiting to board, we were able to get the stickers put on our cards because they had a table set up in the terminal. If you still don't have your sticker after boarding, I would go directly to the spa. Don't wait in line at guest services.

I don't know about the newer ships, but in my experience access to the spa has always been very low-tech. Stickers, wristbands, nothing electronic. People wander in there all the time and use the facilities and then it turns out they don't have the pass and they thought it was free for everyone (yeah, right :rolleyes:).

Thanks everyone who replied, very helpful :)

How soon can you buy the pass? I don't see it on the web site as an option. We sail February 6 on the escape

I believe it will open up at the same time as the dining reservations open up (90 days? 100 days?). I'm not sure because I booked 30 days out and all reservations were already open.

Not sure about the Pearl, sorry :(

You go to the spa to get the sticker. They should have your name on file. That's how it worked for my wife two weeks ago.

The pass is now available for my 10 day in October at a cost of $199.00 which they say is a discount.

I am concerned about this though

*Note: An 18% service fee will be applied to spa treatments added to your cart below. Guests must be 18 or older to indulge in our spa services.

Why would there be an additional 18% for a thermal suite pass?

The pass is now available for my 10 day in October at a cost of $199.00 which they say is a discount.

I am concerned about this though

*Note: An 18% service fee will be applied to spa treatments added to your cart below. Guests must be 18 or older to indulge in our spa services.

Why would there be an additional 18% for a thermal suite pass?

The PASS will cost you $199.00 (for this cruise), depending on discounts.

Note: The pass, for the ten day Escape Transatlantic is $249.00 pp

An 18% service fee will be applied to spa treatments NOT the thermal suite pass.

Edited by $hip$hape

Is it less expensive to purchase in advance or do they offer specials while onboard?

The passes for the Jewel's Health Spa are limited.

Depending on the cruise, by the time you are on board, they may not be available.

Tends to happen more on cruises that are not port intensive.

"While there is a relaxation area with heated loungers in the Thermal Suite, it is only available to those who pay the weekly fee of $149 (no day passes) and is not offered to passengers receiving spa services. Also in the Thermal Suite are separate men and women's saunas, steam rooms and thermal plunge baths.

Passes are limited to 100 per cruise."

Edited by $hip$hape

Is it less expensive to purchase in advance or do they offer specials while onboard?

People in other threads have said that it is $20pp cheaper to prepurchase. And of course you know that you'll get one for sure without any rush to go to the spa.

People in other threads have said that it is $20pp cheaper to prepurchase.
It's on the website, too: Spa Thermal Suite & Gifts. "Save $20 off the onboard price when you book online!"

They can take this discount away at anytime, and/or raise the prices of the passes, so anyone who is cruising soon and interested in the spa, I would go ahead and pre-purchase. I have never seen them lower the price on board, even when the spa passes are nowhere near sold out.

I'm really hoping that they don't expect me to wear a wristband for an entire week!! ....not gonna happen! :rolleyes:

For my Escape 11/14/15 cruise, it is $199/pp for week and, the site says this is the discounted rate ($20 more onboard) No additional tax on pass itself.

Passes are available for Suite/Haven passengers 100 days out and 90 days out for everyone else (that means Saturday for me!!)

The Escape's thermal spa looks amazing!!! :D:cool::)

The PASS will cost you $199.00 (for this cruise), depending on discounts.

Note: The pass, for the ten day Escape Transatlantic is $249.00 pp

An 18% service fee will be applied to spa treatments NOT the thermal suite pass.

I did just purchase for 199.00. Interestinng that it reads

Saturday

10/10/2015 ON BOARD THERMAL SUITE PASS - GEM SPA 04:01 pm $ 199.00 CONFIRMED

TOTAL $ 199.00

Total checkout price shown above includes an 18% Service Fee for Spa services.