What happened to Caribean 7 day cruises out of NY in January?

MATHA531

I hate NCL mostly because they showed their contempt to me by serving undrinkable pepsi products instead of coke products (I know people will laugh at me for that but I've always been a coke person) but living in NY, as I said, NCL has two ships whose home port is in NY and so I built up status, for whatever little it is worth, on NCL. I prefer Carnival to be frank but they've sort of for the most part withdrawn from the NY market and also Europe (they're back next year with a new ship. I guess we all have our preferences for various reasons.

I couldn't agree more. The brand of carbonated beverage sold is far more important than the food, service, entertainment and loyalty perks !!!!!! I don't blame you for your contempt of NCL.

Edited by NYcruzzer

I couldn't agree more. The brand of carbonated beverage sold is far more important than the food, service, entertainment and loyalty perks !!!!!! I don't blame you for your contempt of NCL.

If that's case, let not return to Carnival because they serve Coke, not Pepsi. That and they seem blah to me when it comes to indoor activities & evening entertainment... Meh, to each they own.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

If that's case, let not return to Carnival because they serve Coke, not Pepsi. That and they seem blah to me when it comes to indoor activities & evening entertainment... Meh, to each they own.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I was being sarcastic. Forgot to add my rolling eyes.

Omg this coke/Pepsi thing is so funny

Nobody needs to drink that much sugar anyway and diet sugar free products are disgusting IMHO

Just stick to the unsweetened ice tea and give it a quick shot of lemonade for sweetness if need be

As an added bonus to all of you with the free ubp....you can stop complaining about the huge crowds at the bars and the lack of servers on the pool decks if you stop drinking soda . Lol

Of course the lack of servers is directly correlated to the free ubp....just because they gave you the free package doesn't mean they want to make it easy for you to use it

They only gave it to you after they added the price to your cruise fare...told you it was free....and got you to book

Give me my bare bones inside cabin pricing any day ....I still have incredible cruises!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Breakaway usually does the Bahamas 7 day route you mention and is doing a 19 nighter from 27th Dec 15 to 15th Feb 16 which includes the 7 day round trip you mention from 27th Dec to 3rd Jan. Then from 3rd Jan it is

New York, USA;

San Juan, Puerto Rico;

St. Thomas, American Virgin Islands;

Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands;

Philipsburg, St. Maarten;

Roseau, Dominica;

Bridgetown, Barbados;

Fort de France, Martinique;

St. John`s, Antigua

New York, USA

After 15th Jan 16 Breakaway has no itineraries again until 15th Feb 16. Perhaps it is in for repairs or has been chartered perhaps?

Breakaway usually does the Bahamas 7 day route you mention and is doing a 19 nighter from 27th Dec 15 to 15th Feb 16 which includes the 7 day round trip you mention from 27th Dec to 3rd Jan. Then from 3rd Jan it is

New York, USA;

San Juan, Puerto Rico;

St. Thomas, American Virgin Islands;

Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands;

Philipsburg, St. Maarten;

Roseau, Dominica;

Bridgetown, Barbados;

Fort de France, Martinique;

St. John`s, Antigua

New York, USA

After 15th Jan 16 Breakaway has no itineraries again until 15th Feb 16. Perhaps it is in for repairs or has been chartered perhaps?

Breakaway is doing three 14 day cruises January 3rd, 17th and 31st....not chartered and not being dry docked.

I agree with you on being disappointed there aren't 7 day trips in Jan. Not everyone can take off anywhere from 9-14 days but a week is reasonable.

THIS!!!!:D

January is my go to month for vacation. Our slow time and I like to escape the cold. I can not do anything over a week.

Omg this coke/Pepsi thing is so funny

Nobody needs to drink that much sugar anyway and diet sugar free products are disgusting IMHO

Just stick to the unsweetened ice tea and give it a quick shot of lemonade for sweetness if need be

As an added bonus to all of you with the free ubp....you can stop complaining about the huge crowds at the bars and the lack of servers on the pool decks if you stop drinking soda . Lol

Of course the lack of servers is directly correlated to the free ubp....just because they gave you the free package doesn't mean they want to make it easy for you to use it

They only gave it to you after they added the price to your cruise fare...told you it was free....and got you to book

Give me my bare bones inside cabin pricing any day ....I still have incredible cruises!!!!

I don't think alot people HERE know how to do a bare bones cruise on NCL - Personally, I think some people like the feeling of being nickel and diming, even though NCL doesn't really do it.

I love Pepsi - Just can't drink much of it at all anymore. Like the wine and alcoholic beverages too, but I'm not buying the drink package since I can't drink more than 2 a day anyway. There's water and tea which is free, besides they have a nice of variety of hot tea choices that I don't have to add sugar to. That unsweetened iced tea doesn't taste right....

A vacation is what you make of it - I just like cruise vacations more because I can nap on Seadays; go to different places in a week and still be relaxed, without having to pay extra for food (if I want ;)).

I don't think alot people HERE know how to do a bare bones cruise on NCL - Personally, I think some people like the feeling of being nickel and diming, even though NCL doesn't really do it.

I love Pepsi - Just can't drink much of it at all anymore. Like the wine and alcoholic beverages too, but I'm not buying the drink package since I can't drink more than 2 a day anyway. There's water and tea which is free, besides they have a nice of variety of hot tea choices that I don't have to add sugar to. That unsweetened iced tea doesn't taste right....

A vacation is what you make of it - I just like cruise vacations more because I can nap on Seadays; go to different places in a week and still be relaxed, without having to pay extra for food (if I want ;)).

Absolutely!!!

And I travel more than my rich neighbors on the other side of town (my neighborhood is great btw but it's a mid middle class one) versus the upper middle class (they think) one a mile away. Lol

You should see the looks I get when I say we are off to Europe for 3 weeks or on the cape for a few weeks or doing yet another cruise!!! Lol

My taxes are 1/3 lower too

Well guess its because I like insides..,,know to book airfare early and insure it and refuse to drive a huge suburban or Yukon. Lol

They also get all flustered when I tell them we have a 6 bedroom house versus the 3 bedroom they are moaning about being too small

My neighborhood is just as sought after as theirs but the only difference is "the Club" is a mile away for us and not 2 blocks.

Oh well....my pool club doesn't require me to spend a $6000 minimum per year either

Instead they have both the Gem and Breakaway skipping Florida and the Bahamas but going to San Juan and other places I'm not interested in. Makes no sense to me.

I hate NCL mostly because they showed their contempt to me by serving undrinkable pepsi products instead of coke products .

I think it's time for you to turn in your Platinum status since your requirements are clearly not being met.

The insult alone of being serving a carbonated beverage you don't like would make a much less patient person turn to another cruise line. Add the horror of not having the exact itinerary available at the exact time you are only able to travel and I would be running, not walking, elsewhere.

It's perfectly clear to me what doesn't make sense here.

I think it's time for you to turn in your Platinum status since your requirements are clearly not being met.

The insult alone of being serving a carbonated beverage you don't like would make a much less patient person turn to another cruise line. Add the horror of not having the exact itinerary available at the exact time you are only able to travel and I would be running, not walking, elsewhere.

It's perfectly clear to me what doesn't make sense here.

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately I live in a place where NCL has two ships using it as a home port and for several years had 7 day cruises which to me seems to be a no brainer given people's vacations.

As far as soda preference, yes I am addicted. However, simply from a logistics view point, coke has the 104 flavor soda machines which at least one other cruise line has adopted which can meet the tastes of so many clients something which NCL lacks. Oh and btw, when is the last time you heard somebody order a rum and pepsi?

But I appreciate your suggestions that I have no right to complain about something. Oh well.

Edited by MATHA531

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately I live in a place where NCL has two ships using it as a home port and for several years had 7 day cruises which to me seems to be a no brainer given people's vacations.

As far as soda preference, yes I am addicted. However, simply from a logistics view point, coke has the 104 flavor soda machines which at least one other cruise line has adopted which can meet the tastes of so many clients something which NCL lacks. Oh and btw, when is the last time you heard somebody order a rum and pepsi?

But I appreciate your suggestions that I have no right to complain about something. Oh well.

I suggested nothing of the sort. I believe you have every right to complain and you're doing a stellar job of it. I recommend you continue!

There's always Royal / Celebrity across the river that has more ships sailing out of it. Plus, I hear the Coke machines are pretty nice there, too. But continue complaining about NCL and not being able to bring your own sodas onboard while force to drink their Pepsi products...

There's always Royal / Celebrity across the river that has more ships sailing out of it. Plus, I hear the Coke machines are pretty nice there, too. But continue complaining about NCL and not being able to bring your own sodas onboard while force to drink their Pepsi products...

I bet the next rumor on these boards is NCL will ban or charge a per can fee for bringing Coke products on the ship[emoji6]