Dilema! I made a mistake regarding the Harmony

MoyCoy

I have sailed Celebrity and RCL for Many Many years now. I made a STUPID mistake

I booked in June during the 30 for 30 sale a Boardwalk balcony room connecting with the intention of adding my 6 year olds to the connecting room if schedules worked out. Well alas I am trying to add them and the price went up to $1100 from $850. It will cost $1600 for one room and $2300 for the other. The connecting room is still open. I should have booked them even though I was not sure of schedules. I have been sailing for a long time. I know better!

They would not let me book a room for 4 either. Oh well, This is the first time I have booked 2 years in advance. I did not expect prices to raise so rapidly:cool:

1- I have sailed on The allure before, but sailed in a Central park room (for novelty) I thought my kids would love the Boardwalk room, BUT I now have reservations due to reviews about noise levels and how easy it is to open the balcony. Any advice or viewpoints would be appreciated

2- I could switch to a OV or Central park for $970 -- But I feel like I am giving up a fabulous deal (800 for a BV). The Rep at RCL said $2300 for a Boardwalk is still a great deal for a new ship. This is my first time scoring a room on a RCL new ship. I would love anyone's viewpoints on this.

3- What does anyone think about the virtual Window inside.

4- What is the best room for 6 year olds. We sailed the Allure with out kids and we were in our room very little, but I am not sure if that will be the case with small children.

Thank You!

I have sailed Celebrity and RCL for Many Many years now. I made a STUPID mistake

I booked in June during the 30 for 30 sale a Boardwalk balcony room connecting with the intention of adding my 6 year olds to the connecting room if schedules worked out. Well alas I am trying to add them and the price went up to $1100 from $850. It will cost $1600 for one room and $2300 for the other. The connecting room is still open. I should have booked them even though I was not sure of schedules. I have been sailing for a long time. I know better!

They would not let me book a room for 4 either. Oh well, This is the first time I have booked 2 years in advance. I did not expect prices to raise so rapidly:cool:

1- I have sailed on The allure before, but sailed in a Central park room (for novelty) I thought my kids would love the Boardwalk room, BUT I now have reservations due to reviews about noise levels and how easy it is to open the balcony. Any advice or viewpoints would be appreciated

2- I could switch to a OV or Central park for $970 -- But I feel like I am giving up a fabulous deal (800 for a BV). The Rep at RCL said $2300 for a Boardwalk is still a great deal for a new ship. This is my first time scoring a room on a RCL new ship. I would love anyone's viewpoints on this.

3- What does anyone think about the virtual Window inside.

4- What is the best room for 6 year olds. We sailed the Allure with out kids and we were in our room very little, but I am not sure if that will be the case with small children.

Thank You!

You blew it by not booking them and locking in the price.

Personally speaking, I couldn't make peace with myself paying that much for the connecting room.

I'd consider to the oceanview or central park balcony.

On the pro side I think an oceanview could be really fascinating for the kids to stare out the window. On the pro side for central park balcony at least you have a balcony to sit on if the kids are napping. If it is just a CP view room (no balcony) I'd take the Oceanview instead. A balcony in the boardwalk area isn't worth, to me, the massive premium you'd pay now.

I have no experience on the interior virtual balcony rooms but I think it should be fine for a kid. I'd have to see one in real life before deciding if it's worth any sort of premium over an interior for me.

Just my line of thought.

We had Boardwalk balcony just my wife and I and it was so noisy everything from the big screen tv playing music at midnight to the drunks yelling and screaming out on the boardwalk. Never again. We booked a GS deck 6 OV balcony on our next cruise with our 8 year old on the allure. Walk right down the hall come right out to the boardwalk very convenient.

Why can't you book a cabin for 4, is it because they want to reprice?

Have you priced out the d1's, they have a sleep sofa or a js which has the sofa and a Pullman. You might have to bight the bullet now that the prices have gone up.

There are also boardwalk's with a sofa bed. Can you move to one of them and pay the 3/4 rate for the children

Edited by setsail

Maybe it's too crowded for you, but we booked a single room that has a sofa bed and a pullman bed for our 10.5 and 6.5 year old. They can either both use the sofa bed or one on the sofa and one on the pullman.

We also selected the Promenade room to save a bit (compared with Boardwalk or higher rooms). We figured it would still be fun for them to look out.

So you can stay in a single cabin, but I know it's not for everyone.

I had a deck 12 boardwalk balcony and had no issues with the noise. We had the last balcony towards the aqua theater and never had a problem with too much noise from their shows. We loved it.

We had Boardwalk balcony just my wife and I and it was so noisy everything from the big screen tv playing music at midnight to the drunks yelling and screaming out on the boardwalk. Never again. We booked a GS deck 6 OV balcony on our next cruise with our 8 year old on the allure. Walk right down the hall come right out to the boardwalk very convenient.

Well, as the story always is -- 2 different opinions regarding a similar stateroom location.

We have the last Boardwalk balcony over looking the Aqua Theater on Harmony....so I am hoping and expecting our experience to be more like RCRDALE than the other one. I will go with that expectation. We picked this cabin, because when we were on Allure we had a balcony overlooking CP and missed seeing the ocean from it. This way we get a little ocean view and a new view as well.

Thank You everyone for your replies. I really appreciate the advice.

I read reviews that the rooms on the Allure/oasis are smallish , especially for a family of 4. We stayed in a CP room and it was large enough for 2 adults. I am not sure about 2 adults and 2 extremely active children.. might be tight.

We will price out staying on one room as well as maybe changing categories.

If you are booking 2 years out, will the kids be 8 then? Or are they 4 now?

I wouldn't worry about the balcony door so much with 8 yr olds.

The balcony doors are very heavy and difficult to open. As well, there is a child lock up high (or has been on every balcony I've been on).