If anyone tries to sell you Carnival gift cards in the Orlando area...

TinkyPatz

Is there a possibility that you paid Verizon with a credit card and your credit card company offers theft protection for purchases?

Exactly what you should do. Almost all credit cards have a theft protection policy in place for items purchased with their card.

Good luck! I had a $500 Walmart gift card stolen once and was devastated. I can't imagine it happening to my dream cruise funds!!! I would cry myself sick. I'm hoping your cc company can help if the construction co won't. They should be covered for this type of thing so push them a bit harder also. This may just work out in your favor in the end.

Either way, and I know this will be difficult, but when you get on that ship banish the maddening thoughts about the stolen cards and just have fun. You may have to do this multiple times a day, but it will be worth it. Have a blessed vacation!

Get a copy of the gift card numbers and file a police report. Even Barney Fife should be able to track these numbers down. While you may not be able to get your money back you still may be able to get some justice.

I would also reach out to Carnival for assistance, while they say these are like cash with a police report they know you are honest and serious, and they may be willing to help.

Get a copy of the gift card numbers and file a police report. Even Barney Fife should be able to track these numbers down. While you may not be able to get your money back you still may be able to get some justice.

I would also reach out to Carnival for assistance, while they say these are like cash with a police report they know you are honest and serious, and they may be willing to help.

That's the issue, if she had the numbers, she could just apply the funds towards her cruise.

Verizon doesn't track the card numbers, so not sure how she would ever be able to tell the police the exact card number.

It seems an odd thing for someone to take, it would mean they were going through random envelopes in their apartment, so maybe there are other things missing.

Edited by ohiogymrat

You'd be better off going thru renters insurance than chasing after the construction workers or their company. Unfortunately, theft just can not be proven. It can't be proven who took them and frankly can't be proven of anything was taken at all.

The apartment complex is also not responsible. The very best thing to do is file a police report, which has been done. I used to manage apartments and have seen things like this happen all too often. Hopefully Verizon can track down those gift card numbers! I'm so sorry this happened and hope it can be resolved. [emoji20]

I am sorry for this to happen, stinks that this happened.........

Being the over paranoid person I am, I did write down the numbers of EACH of my cards I received so far and not really sure why but now that is a good idea as you can used them online to pay for your cruise that way........:D

I hope the OP get the $$ back somehow.......

So.... REALLY odd posting for someone in Tampa looking to sell $1000 in CCL cards because they "aren't into cruising". Not sure why they would have $1000 in cards if they didn't want to cruise. Don't know that there is ANY way that you could ever make a connection back on the off chance that these were yours.

Oh my gosh, where did you see this posting? If it turns out that Verizon does have which numbers belonged to me I would like to check it out.

Renter's insurance would come in handy.

As far as holding the contractors liable, I don't see how that could be done unless one of them eventually used the cards. There's no proof they took them. No cameras or anything.

The OP shouldn't feel guilty for not using the cards right away. You brought them. You can use them whenever you like. Who would think you would have to rush and pay off your cruise just in case a thief came in your home. Sorry this happened to you.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Definitely puts things in perspective, it is MY house after all! And I'm glad some people are rethinking their storage place for these cards, maybe I can help prevent another terrible incident!

Hi guys!

To answer some questions:

- My renter's insurance has a clause only $250 coverage for gift cards.

- The supervisor at Verizon does not know if they keep track of the gift card numbers, and I have called back a couple of times but she always seems to be unavailable. :rolleyes:

- I did uncontrollably sob into my husband's arms once it dawned on me I was paying for 2 cruises but only going on one :(

- We did turn our apartment upside down looking for them, hoping they had just been misplaced (which makes no sense because why would we have an empty envelope just laying around). We would've ripped the carpet up if there was any possibility they were underneath.

- Nothing else was taken, but there had been strange occurrences, such as me getting home and finding a light on (I'm very careful to turn everything off when I leave) and my freezer WIDE open and stuff melted inside. A different day my toilet lid was up. I know I live with a man, but I have known him for 12 years and he NEVER leaves the lid up. EVER. Also, I wonder if they thought they were credit cards... it was the one envelope that was bigger and sticking out above all other, and at a quick glance they might have grabbed thinking credit cards or Visa gift cards or something.

However, it looks like my story is going to have a happy ending after all!

Yesterday I got a message from the construction company stating they are going to refund my money in full!!!!!!! :D:eek::D

The guy said he is getting me gift cards and that he would get them tomorrow (today). I'm still a little skeptical and afraid to believe it, since it sounds too good to be true, but once I have them in my hands I will post back and will also leave great reviews for the company in every social media site and with the BBB.

Thank you for all your god vibes coming my way, I believe CC had something to do with our good luck! :p

I'm so sorry this happen to you. I hope that it will be all OK soon. Maybe you should think of changing locks or maybe a camera inside to take photos --motion active so you can see the ghost that is happening in your home?????

I'm so glad to hear that the company will replace the cards. I agree, it's your home so you shouldn't have to be so concerned about things like this but unfortunately, not everyone in this world is honest. [emoji45]

I am, however, thrilled that it at least appears that you will have a happy ending.

Hi guys!

To answer some questions:

- My renter's insurance has a clause only $250 coverage for gift cards.

- The supervisor at Verizon does not know if they keep track of the gift card numbers, and I have called back a couple of times but she always seems to be unavailable. :rolleyes:

- I did uncontrollably sob into my husband's arms once it dawned on me I was paying for 2 cruises but only going on one :(

- We did turn our apartment upside down looking for them, hoping they had just been misplaced (which makes no sense because why would we have an empty envelope just laying around). We would've ripped the carpet up if there was any possibility they were underneath.

- Nothing else was taken, but there had been strange occurrences, such as me getting home and finding a light on (I'm very careful to turn everything off when I leave) and my freezer WIDE open and stuff melted inside. A different day my toilet lid was up. I know I live with a man, but I have known him for 12 years and he NEVER leaves the lid up. EVER. Also, I wonder if they thought they were credit cards... it was the one envelope that was bigger and sticking out above all other, and at a quick glance they might have grabbed thinking credit cards or Visa gift cards or something.

Yesterday I got a message from the construction company stating they are going to refund my money in full!!!!!!! :D:eek::D

The guy said he is getting me gift cards and that he would get them tomorrow (today). I'm still a little skeptical and afraid to believe it, since it sounds too good to be true, but once I have them in my hands I will post back and will also leave great reviews for the company in every social media site and with the BBB.

Thank you for all your god vibes coming my way, I believe CC had something to do with our good luck! :p

Yay...so glad it seems to be working out!

I am soooo glad to hear that!

I am so glad this situation may have a happy ending. [emoji4] Please let us know if the construction company comes through for you! That is pretty rare these days.

I will agree with what one poster said though. If you have had multiple situations where you have had things missing or moved when you come home, then you seriously need to think about getting cameras in your home. We have several that I can view online. Some models take pictures whenever the motion detectors go off. At night mine are even night vision camera.

Hope this helps! Good luck and I hope you end up being able to go on your cruise. [emoji572]️

- Cindy

Call your credit card company, many of them have protection if the item you purchased is stolen. American Express is one that I know for sure that does. Ensure you have also filed a police report as well

Edit: I see all is well now… Glad you getting them back.

Edited by finzup-kt

I am so glad that you will be able to get the value of your cards back, I can't even imagine how upset I would be if it happened to me! Please let us know when all is said and done! As far as the strange happenings in your home, the toilet seat up, freezer door open, etc., I would definitely be asking for the locks to be changed as someone has to have access to your home.

It was also suggested that you not leave good reviews for the construction company, I disagree. Since there is no proof one of their employees did it, I think it is above and beyond for them to step up and take responsibility for this incident. They deserve some recognition.

:confused: But aren't they the ones who 'took' them in the first place, allegedly? IMO I wouldn't be leaving raves for them anywhere.

Agree, 100%, I'd wait until I got my money back & then post bad reviews everywhere, complain to the BBB, again to the Landlord, contact the police again. Obviously they know that one of their workers was to blame or else they wouldn't be so quick to fix it. Probably not the first time it's happened.

And to OP, I really hope everything works out for you!!! And, yes, lesson learned, thanks to your horrible experience, I just put my gift cards in my lockbox, they've been sitting on my desk for about a week while I'm trying to figure out what I want to plan.

In the future, I'd recommend any time maintenance needs to be in your apartment, you have someone home. It's inconvenient, but at the end of the day it's still strangers in your house. I don't care who they are or who they work for.