Crown and Anchor Pins ...

not to diminish the value of the pin, but i just completed my first cruise on royal caribbean and got a diamond pin through reciprocity.

lol! Some on RCI live and die by the pin. You can get one out of a gum ball machine if you really wanted to.

Edited by CaribSailor

Not to diminish the value of the pin, but I just completed my first cruise on Royal Caribbean and got a diamond pin through reciprocity.

Reciprocity means you have done the time (spent the money) to get to a level that is recognized by the company. We obviously didn't get a pin on Celebrity Solstice as that isn't how they roll, but in every way our reciprocal elite status was just the same as if we had done all of the sailing on Celebrity.

As far as a lanyard goes, I also don't carry a bag on a cruise most of the time and when I have a pocket I don't trust that the card would not fall out. I never knew that made me a geek or whatever. It makes me happy to be on holidays and others' opinions don't interest me. I don't care what people eat or how they do their hair or whatever upsets so many here. I care that we are all happy and doing our own thing that makes us happy as long as it doesn't impede on others. :)

You do know that if people complain about not liking them or not wearing the pins....they will go away just like chocolates and gifts did? :(

Was thinking the very same thing. I like the pins and would not like to see RCI replace them with say, a membership card. I also wear my pin at C&A events.

I think the pins are an awesome idea at C&A events, We like talking to same minded people who have a lengthy cruise history, to get the ins and outs of different destinations and cruise lines. Plus all the secrets of different ships within RCI.

Personally we have never encountered any rude or elitist pin holders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Never seen one. We hit platinum 2 cruises ago, and will hit Emerald this upcoming cruise. Never received a thing.....guess we will reserve judgement until we actually get one.

Right there with you. We just hit Emerald our last cruise ad will hit Diamond on our Cruise this coming November. We have yet to receive any pins. I probably wouldn't do much with them, but it would be nice to just receive them.

I don't recall getting one.

Talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on your next cruise. I had no trouble picking up my most recent pin from the desk.

Best snobbery I've see was someone wrapped up in a bathrobe with the pin on it shoving her way in front to get on an elevator. "Out of my way. Diamond member coming through!"

Never seen one. We hit platinum 2 cruises ago, and will hit Emerald this upcoming cruise. Never received a thing.....guess we will reserve judgement until we actually get one.

The tier gifts show up in your cabin the first cruise AFTER you make enough points to get the tier. Earn 55 points, you're emerald about two days after you get off the ship. Board the next cruise, there's the pins... The pins aren't very impressive to my eye. I think they were under the couch when my house burned down.

I think it is funny many people who have the pins choose not to wear them yet list every cruise they have been on. isn't listing cruises a bit of bragging?

See, that's here, among people with so many that it's ridiculous to think that it's even remotely impressive. There's no pretending of status because there's always dozens of people with more cruises and more posts. (Unless you're Bob, or Mario.) Out on the ships, it's the ACTUAL relationships formed with the staff that get the attention, rather than the pin.

Hellsop, you hit the nail on the head! If you are friendly and treat the staff like they are real people, it is amazing the better service you receive . We have seen some cruisers talk to the waiter or stateroom attendant like they were dirt and so beneath them. You can only guess the service they received. The Golden Rule is Golden for a reason!

I think it is funny many people who have the pins choose not to wear them yet list every cruise they have been on. isn't listing cruises a bit of bragging?

I agree with this comment. If you look back to the threads that say they don't want to brag, boast, ect. So they don't wear the pins but list cruises from the last 20 years. Don't get me wrong, if I ever get to one of the higher letters I will wear my pin proudly.

I have my diamond pin on my lanyard.