Guaranteed Room on Getaway

woopuppy

I have been reading on the boards that you don't get your room assignment on guaranteed rooms until a little before your sailing. I booked back in February and I had my room assignment at that time. It is on the original booking and is on my booking on their website. Is this not normal? We are not sailing until December.

It's a mystery for the ages.

Somewhere in a remote mountain out west, all the cruise lines use this guarantee stateroom issuing computer.

It's an iningma wrapped in a mystery!

Edited by rydan

I have been reading on the boards that you don't get your room assignment on guaranteed rooms until a little before your sailing. I booked back in February and I had my room assignment at that time. It is on the original booking and is on my booking on their website. Is this not normal? We are not sailing until December.

I'm sailing on Getaway Dec 6 and have an IA inside guarantee booked. I have never booked a guarantee but it was the best rate and I needed to keep this trip as inexpensive as possible. What type of guarantee did you have and are you happy with your room assignment. I wish they would assign mine.:)

We have a guaranteed ocean view. Yes I am happy with where we are at. We are on the 5th deck in the back of the boat. We personally don't need or want a balcony or suite or haven. Why pay for that when you are just sleeping in the room?

We have a guaranteed ocean view. Yes I am happy with where we are at. We are on the 5th deck in the back of the boat. We personally don't need or want a balcony or suite or haven. Why pay for that when you are just sleeping in the room?

Then why even an ocean view??? Inside would have been perfectly fine for you?

Because we wanted the UBP and you needed an ocean view or higher. Plus it was only $50 more a person to have the ocean view. We had an inside stateroom last December and it was fine but alittle too cramped for us. If I had to do an inside again I wouldn't even think twice and take it.

Because we wanted the UBP and you needed an ocean view or higher. Plus it was only $50 more a person to have the ocean view. We had an inside stateroom last December and it was fine but alittle too cramped for us. If I had to do an inside again I wouldn't even think twice and take it.

makes sense. Balcony is super important to us as we love to sit on the balcony and look at the ocean and have a beer or two(in private).:)

whatever floats your boat I guess...;)

When we booked they weren't offering it in the inside rooms. We got a great deal on an ocean view so I am not gonna complain! LOL I do have to admit I kinda like the extra room and being able to look out at the ocean :-)

We have an inside room, and got the UBP free too. I booked July 13 and at that time they were offering 3rd and 4th in room free as well as your choice of free packages to the first two in room.

Besides the promo availability, that applies only to cruises until end of this year unlike for OV bookings that can take place also in 2016-2017. (In UK there is similar promotion that includes also Q1/2016 sailings.)

Edited by Demonyte