Travel Guides on ITV

If ever you reach the point where you begin to wonder why we go on Thomson Cruises then watch the new show on ITV called 'Travel Guides'. At first I though it was a spoof because surely these were not real people. But they are and ITV really think this is a programme about travel.... Oh dear!!!!!!!!!

Made me realise why we love Cruising and hate Hotel holidays. All these programs do is make us as a Society look ignorant. Couldn't believe the young girl who thought the wine was nicer because it was 'Manmade x not made in a Supermarket' OMG !!!!!

Edited by jayneez

I was disappointed in the programme - it's all about the tourists who have clearly been chosen because they are 'characters' so it becomes all about them rather than the style of holiday/destinations. I was hoping for something more informative.

I was disappointed in the programme - it's all about the tourists who have clearly been chosen because they are 'characters' so it becomes all about them rather than the style of holiday/destinations. I was hoping for something more informative.

I agree with you kruzseeka I think these travel show guides are all done for effect! Not really very informative [emoji107]🏻

Gave us a good laugh that we desperately needed last night. First of all I'd like to say that as a Brummie we are not all thick but I can understand why the rest of you may think so. Anyway I dont go to Playa de las americas its usually los gigantes or los cristianos but I did enjoy the programme, We then finished our viewing with an hour of Benidorm so funny seeing Mel in that thong (rip Geoffrey) cheered me up no end. Now I know I also go to Beni a fair bit in fact going in 3 weeks but we stay at a very nice 4 star and Jim the scot will back me up on that. So just a good laugh last night very welcome after a heavy day at work. But nothing informative about travelling really I agree we best go to the discovery channels for that.

To be fair the guy talking about 4/5* AI hotels spoke a bit of truth when he said ...

"These hotels are geared up to keep you on the complex , they give you the lot ,drinks ,food and entertainment...No wonder the local bars go to the wall."

In another scene sat in a bar he's amazed at the price and quantity of the drinks ..

.."How do they make a living ,they're almost giving it away ," he asked ?

I Think he answered his own question with his first statment .

Pity Goggle Box is not on I would love to hear their take on the programe .

I can just imagine Leon saying to June " Can we go on holiday to see the caged dancing lady ?" ;):D:D

Hi Stevie

dont know if Kalos has been there but I recommended to Jim and think he goes there all the time now. The staff there really are at thomson cruise staff level they are so good. You have to go I could spend the whole week on the terrace bar at the hotel just people watching with a bottle of wine. You will never get bored. The hotel is the Riviera Beachotel look at the reviews they are good and probably three of the reviews are mine, warning though like cruising be prepared to put weight on. I will need to diet when I come back before I go on Celebration in the winter.By the way I think its still the No 1 hotel in benidorm it has won it for several years.:)

I just love Gogglebox, and always change my mind as to which family I enjoy the most.

Watching the re-runs currently on E4 at the minute, and had forgotton about some families that have been dumped from the earlier series.

Lovely telly it is.

But this ITV series is not funny, and the partipiciants may be embarrassed :D

Hi Kalos ,

want to go to Benidorm soon , hotel you and Jim recommend ?

50 yrs of travelling and never been...

so is on my must do list

Stevie :)

Then you must go Steve, many years ago Benidorm was my first abroad holiday and have been plenty more times as well .

Info queen was right it was her good self and Jim who told you to go.

My hotels were Presidente,Pueblo and Ruidor ,I only ever went in the Rosamar and Riviera for a drink as well as bar hopping we

used to do it with the hotel bars to check the shows out .

Get yours self off Steve ...That's three of us told you to go now ;):D

Am I mistaken or are the two guys with the daughter and boyfriend from Gogglebox?? I'm sure I've seen them before.

I would say your mistaken Dronnygirl ..

This paper has all the Photos Google Box

Back to Topic Do you think if they let us lot loose on a cruise ship with a TV crew we would make good television .;)

Picture the scene Thomson Cruise Snowball Jackpot Bingo Night !

£400 Euros and a meal for two under the stars and a bowl of sprouts :rolleyes:

Public would think sound had gone on telly ..You could hear a pin drop with prizes like that :D

Hi kalos, just realized you and Mrs K are off on the Ventura on Friday. Have you been on Ventura before? Looking forward to hearing about it. Still hoping to go on her sometime. I really want to swap the Egypt holiday in February for Ventura Cruise to the Canaries, but DH says Egypt will be safe :rolleyes: and don't really want to lose the deposit we have paid :(

Anyway have a wonderful time - fair winds and fine weather to you both :)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Got it!! I knew I saw them somewhere before.....

'BRADFORD hairdressers Craig Chapman-Blackwell and Stuart McDonald run salons 50 yards away from each other and work hard all year to earn themselves a holiday.

Three years ago hairdressers Craig and Stuart won the eighth series of Channel Four's Coach Trip which saw them travelling through Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey'

They certainly get around!

Cheers Linda :)

Only a weekend break ,Mrs K is packing for it now but I've got a few hours work to do very early tomorrow then we are on our way .

Last on the Ventura in May and we loved it and looking forward to this one as well.

I think you would like it, apart from no big TV screen, as it can close the pool area roof if the weather cools , it's just like being on the Crown Princess really .

(But a bit Cheaper :rolleyes:)

Cheers Linda :)

Only a weekend break ,Mrs K is packing for it now but I've got a few hours work to do very early tomorrow then we are on our way .

Last on the Ventura in May and we loved it and looking forward to this one as well.

I think you would like it, apart from no big TV screen, as it can close the pool area roof if the weather cools , it's just like being on the Crown Princess really .

(But a bit Cheaper :rolleyes:)

Sounds great kalos - Bon Voyage :)

Yes do try Benidorm before you die lol.Is it like Blackpool?- not at all! Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Riudor is a great hotel, adults only and in the midst of the entertainment, and a five min wander to the beach. But even better is the hotel across the road- Ambassador. If you are willing to pay a bit more the 5# Don Pancho is the best- but it closes at the end of Oct for a full refurb- will be top class rooms when it reopens next year!

I started watching the first episode thinking it was a real travel programme. I was disapointed that it wasn't, persevered for a while and expected to hate it (I hate 'reality TV' when populated by chavs - excuse my shorthand)! However, I have carried on watching and I really like it. There is mix of characters rather than the usual 'only way is Essex' clones. The three girls are wince-making of course. Every time, I am troubled by what the one with lots of silicone (breasts, lips, cheekbones), false hair and drawn-on eyebrows, would look like without all of that (surely better)! The gay couple seemed a bit OTT at first, but I've warmed to them. They seem like a nice pair who enjoy playing to the camera and tongue in cheek humour. The hippyish family are cool and their taste and ours are actually pretty close. The family with the two kids? Well, we must hand it to mum. She gets stuck-in to most things with enthusiasm. The daughter irritates me, but I don't really do kids, so its easily done.

Roll on next week I say :)

have never been too benidorm either.... loads of friends have and they luv it, in fact most of them are living (somewhere) out there now that we are all retired (perhaps i should blag a stay on someones couch):cool:

i'm more of an aiya napa guy that was were i got my first tattoo... ah memories... that live on... forever...:o

Some people like Benidorm, others don't.

I've only been once, my son's 3 night stag do - that was enough for me.

I read an interesting book on Spain recently which mentioned Benidorm's tourism in its infancy.

The mayor challenged the established laws and drove to Madrid on his scooter to seek Franco's support.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Zaragoza

Otherwise Benidorm might not have "taken off" as a holiday destination.

have never been too benidorm either.... loads of friends have and they luv it, in fact most of them are living (somewhere) out there now that we are all retired (perhaps i should blag a stay on someones couch):cool:

i'm more of an aiya napa guy that was were i got my first tattoo... ah memories... that live on... forever...:o

My sister and her husband now live inland from Benidorm/Alicante in what they refer to as "real Spain" in the Hondon Valley. I've been to visit and it is lovely but there's not a chance in h*** of them taking me to visit Benidorm. But snobbish about it I think. :rolleyes:;)

Do we know where travel guides are going to next week. I know its uncool but i really love watching stuff like this loved the mother being told to go to bed by the moody daughter. Like the hippy type family too. and the gay couple too are funny I could actually imagine them being on goggle box. Oh and i love coach trip in fact we thought we saw brendon in a cafe in cadiz when we were on the dream last november but didnt like to approach him in case it was a spaniard who thought we were a couple of nutcases. Also like the only way is essex told you I was uncool.

My sister and her husband now live inland from Benidorm/Alicante in what they refer to as "real Spain" in the Hondon Valley. I've been to visit and it is lovely but there's not a chance in h*** of them taking me to visit Benidorm. But snobbish about it I think. :rolleyes:;)

Jakanne go with your friends that you go cruising with you would have such a good time I cant wait to get on that alicante flight the weekend after next. You can even dance round your handbags

Jakanne go with your friends that you go cruising with you would have such a good time I cant wait to get on that alicante flight the weekend after next. You can even dance round your handbags

Lol. How do you know we dance round our handbags?? 😉😉