Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Those are great piccies M. Great detail .... and humour. I've noticed that in the close up mode it seemed to go into "portrait mode" and softened the face?

First impressions? Are you happy so far?

Keith ... lovely story!

i had loads of traditional film cameras over the years, but my very favourite was my trusty Olympus Trip 35. That was a lovely camera.

For some reason I thought the Queen use to have a Leica?

Edited: Some piccies ... yes thought I had remembered correctly. She had a Leica.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=queen+camera&biw=1024&bih=676&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI2YvN26LqxwIVRY7bCh0EIQLp

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=queen+camera+leica&biw=1024&bih=676&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAGoVChMI9rPHg6PqxwIV5afbCh2eywDK&dpr=2

Anyway thanks for the words. Just an hour or so and she is in the records.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Those are great piccies M. Great detail .... and humour. I've noticed that in the close up mode it seemed to go into "portrait mode" and softened the face?

First impressions? Are you happy so far?

Keith ... lovely story!

i had loads of traditional film cameras over the years, but my very favourite was my trusty Olympus Trip 35. That was a lovely camera.

For some reason I thought the Queen use to have a Leica?

Edited: Some piccies ... yes thought I had remembered correctly. She had a Leica.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=queen+camera&biw=1024&bih=676&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI2YvN26LqxwIVRY7bCh0EIQLp

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=queen+camera+leica&biw=1024&bih=676&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAGoVChMI9rPHg6PqxwIV5afbCh2eywDK&dpr=2

Anyway thanks for the words. Just an hour or so and she is in the records.

Jeff

Yes Jeff, I love the camera! I'm having issues with the Play Memories though. I downloaded it and it won't open. :( I will have to wait for Myster to take a peak at what I did wrong. I copied the pics from the camera to the desktop in order to access them.

I had problems with the app site as well in Windows 10 but managed it in Windows 8. It works when it feels like in10. I got the suite of programmes OKbut I don't plan to use the programme for any image management but the downloading of apps is obviously useful.

The best video player I have found so far is the imbedded Windows 10 player. I also have vlan and Mirrilis Splash Pro, but the basic Windows 10 player seems to do the best job with the highest camera video settings.

re apps. If you manage to register yourself into memoies on line and register a credit card, and then link the camera via wifi .... the camera can link directly to the site and it allows you to purchase and download apps directly from the camera. If you get my drift. but none of that is essential.

Jeff

Your piccies are still on this page.

Ask Myster to download Classis Shell for Windows 10. That will get you back to something usable and familiar. He can use Windows 10 and you can then use Windows Classic on the same machine. I hate 10 as well.

http://www.classicshell.net/gallery/

http://www.classicshell.net/gallery/Classic-Shell-4

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

J..... There are no pictures showing up on this page for me. The text is there but there are no pictures. It's just a lot of white space between text paragraphs. Myster is going to boot my arse if I messed something up. Not literally, he is a very gentle giant. :) I'm going to tell him about the links you provided. Thanks for that!

OK Folks - here goes nothing. I went out this morning before the rain to play with the new camera. Please bear with me as these are my fledgling efforts.

First I wanted to attempt a selfie.....

acg0uTnQ_Q3VRHilDrvOhCEclZUhfGhXLyFiBncr6T8_OmMO-F9hg05hSTtlOQ_wxzJ5mH-F7hiiZ6UZHntuKuVSvPL1e7Q4J2ZvH3CkhCZGREnVWBeJAKy8H7QypBRcBqgB4VaCtrVMsotptE2vrXOvxsHvruqit4-nhGJtv40Eb00MNTyboj_yd6kGlS3H9qS0-zURXcO4OnwOoyC4D4td0ia4tF1DBRADloPaq480bJe3MR_JEk1sX8AFWFbFmgvR9MulIBcqY-qOWLhVXn0Bme-2D6SpE4Pnvz5rfA6KfMJnICDV8xXWaN5_EB3tivGYZx1wWwnz08xg9gFZX9U3uN8QssILBa1VtizgitLQ2DLD-hyiOr9e6wUkcFJ61bJyzygE3TDnPYTcGnIvkOa0vbJJqHylXdkZfkxEmkV_iWDg1U_gEImxjfbFFQPFR-A9ELcsEqNs9DtiBUyvkw4acZ09IQ8YWXd2ui_okFHMpMQnHNeymLsTuRZhwZ0Sheq8_n8dcDvDggYl2Jlp5is=w900-h600-no

Next I climbed a tree and the photographer took a picture from about 4 feet away.......

rTWRlpB_5FLgGABhCmGH7TfDLdmuerL343q-e65SzYTasVM_uuDjiMz1cdz4ds0goJJfX-l3MotWAzNYziQ23Mk7lftim6dproz7fMv6Gh7Jae1e8fOitjkzJt_Y3gAOq6S6qtc1us0avlSbywkgmWKzzIHwqPlgkJCsWzlTIBQHCYfF677MKQq9D3CmOWexUTGR8uaP3IRpNOgjJy2SvuPEjP3PbKiG5peDBNXBd3JRvSIN6fvOq7chktrE4147hgIqMQurgKTxfKDqBoDFbafMjpporzfaDr5LNt91zt8lTPfGSQ23Zt2pbVUmOrKtTZ8FG3pbutzfxGqmGs8i9vn2Wzp-UJ0VyuszWZiqukSELEFlkDQodCFuzjH6pK-TZjxJITDl3z4c5P-alpQAr2v8GEeq1e-zzTyt45unPg92OWDLcJ6Or5HMLaen019fIw8l-DQOya6tBC26D1U_tsCwYEBWB6ta7672XFBqMdm1h6-Xr_QBFt3469iYueZ-sFkoaIrNGg6UaKMGUqvhA6Q=w900-h600-no

Next the photographer did a full zoom from that location.....

dg1-CzPKwasYjjB2ez880kofhJgz_H1inoa2uPxzIOKsdNDsBppkOg3hP8ZW9TLrdivUWXOnEBR49ZTKzSGxftSm3rw70DNes6JkAxpys5dxEL4QxEms_B1_hax4_iBzYMv6oaWmjYTQPRF0G0OLCKncBnQnY9vc427oaHDqd_dgD2q_hVI4nvlR3WiU41ghW7thMWPeTjdlTRE6bJLqkNgCzww6o7gOb-mDVoI6jYOpC-SxG2VHRbj0U9N894m4u-bTPFjhh-zG397CyTgta6Js4TK39fzskeXM4SnZFswCHuaoseoLnqlT65iT0vszt0gd7pE2Jhged7LtAP6GSF2MSeE9z3Tc2yXdmz7-bQOJQ5XeumjIyDX_mQXxyBTHOSEYEaEWgPSA81mmRTvpt-e--K7Na8k4I1sE95cuT3qHnH6U2TCq8C8Ee9tgAefq2zx99kdWf4W1ToPNAz8GiokZ0eI3xhVUcYJzoxkVV2ffou5_4f4lLRALT2kF1EkLeG5iy2vShFSEhQ1I7eLpGTI=w900-h600-no

Let's see if this sticks.

That is a nice frock you are wearing M. Did Myster nail you to the tree?

Jeff

Ha Ha! It is my formal wear for the cruise! I will need to pick up some fairy dust before we leave though. The dust just finishes off the outfit! Perhaps now you can understand why Myster does not particularly like formal nights! :) And I am not nailed to the tree. I am perched gracefully on a knot in the fork. And my hair is somewhat tangled in the bark. I am well anchored! I told you I was short! :)

M,

If I try to "reply" to one of your piccy posts there are no remnants of the links to your piccies when I use my PC but I can see it when I try to reply using my ipad. This is puzzling. Something seems to be deleting the links. Perhaps it is the size although mine are fullsize, it may be that Photobucket does something with mine.

So, if you can still see your piccies uploaded then I suggest we try some smaller piccies to see what I happens. Set the camera for STD ie not fine or above, and image size 4.2m (S) and nothing higher - take a piccy and upload and post it.

From there we can try and work out whether your host is deleting large piccies ... or it's CC .... or something else we don't understand.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Hi all!

We are having a blast - no time for details but the car is great and fast and powerful! Drove the Three Passes in Switzerland today - Grimsel, Furka, and Sustenpass. The views were amazing! The car ate up the hills and hairpin turns!

Early night tonight, off to more Alps in the morning!

Hi all!

We are having a blast - no time for details but the car is great and fast and powerful! Drove the Three Passes in Switzerland today - Grimsel, Furka, and Sustenpass. The views were amazing! The car ate up the hills and hairpin turns!

Lovely to hear yuou are enjoying the new car .... we have kept your seat tidy at the cooler!

Jeff

Jeff, there is something screwy happening with the storage on my google photos account. I did some investigating to see if I could find the problem. I copied the "copy URL location" from an old google photo(that I had posted on the cooler and that still remains here) and pasted it into Word. What had been a couple of lines of letters and numbers had grown into about 16 lines of letters and numbers. The URL location now looks nothing like the URL location when I posted it. To verify that, I replied to my post with the picture and compared the current codes with the codes appearing in the post. I have no idea why that would change. But the lengthy codes that appeared when I first posted the pics today should have set off alarm bells.

M,

EDITED: Yes I did much the same as you. The link does look odd. I tried both pasting it and using the CC piccy link and neither worked. <<

Are you using the same hosting site as before?

Can you just double check that your google hosting hasn't reset itself to "private"? I copied the post with the image link and sent it to my PC but if I try to invoke the link or copy it into a post it asks me to log in.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Hi all!

So glad you are enjoying yourselves! Motor happy!