travel agent quoted me D1 for family of 5??

So i've been searching for a cruise and have had quotes sent to me. Being a family of 5 [3 teens] is really hard to get quotes, etc.

I found one quote I liked and assumed it was a balcony w/inside across the hall but she emailed and said it would be for 5 in a D1. Is that even legal?

Any recommended places to search for 5 in a cabin [was hoping for family suite but they always are gone and you can't search royal caribbean for 5].

Thanks.

Edited by TnTWalter

What ship are you looking at? A few ships have a limited number of balcony cabins that actually have a connecting door with an interior cabin. Check out the furthest back balcony cabins on deck 9 on some Voyager & Freedom class ships.

If available these are a great find! Not sure if any other ships have this setup, but a thorough study of deck plans can sometimes find some real gems!!!

Edited by Camlott

This is the room with a couch bed and a pullman. We have done these the past few years with our sons. It is extremely crowded with 4, and I can't imagine doing 5 in there. Both sons are now teenagers, so we have moved on to doing two rooms. In doing so we found that they charge almost as much for 1 balcony with 4 as 2 balconies with 2.

Edited by mil76

As long as you trust your teens then the connectivity may not be necessary. Just "nearby" may be close enough. But your TA should understand whatever your needs are.

We recently switched our single room quad occupancy on Majesty to two connected rooms (children 8 and 11) with only slight additional net cost after promotions were applied. Second guest 50% off on RCCL helped along with included gratuities. Our TA was able to make the change after I explained my situation.

Funny that guest count can be even more important than room count. Obviously different from how land hotels charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Edited by vestamark

What ship are you looking at? A few ships have a limited number of balcony cabins that actually have a connecting door with an interior cabin. Check out the furthest back balcony cabins on deck 9 on some Voyager & Freedom class ships.

If available these are a great find! Not sure if any other ships have this setup, but a thorough study of deck plans can sometimes find some real gems!!!

well...turns out there are some that hold five. interesting. but doesn't sound pleasant. lol.

this is for brillance by the way.

still would love some tips for family of 5 with older kids. thanks.

Ship was in the next post