220 outlets on Regal Princess

andrek

Hello, my husband was wondering if there are any 220 outlets in the cabin on the Regal Princess. We will have a mini suite. We have purchased some products in Europe that require 220 to run.

Thanks,

Andrea

Well,

I believe the cabins do have European round pin sockets delivering 220V as well as the US outlets.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Regal-Princess-Staterooms.html#.VdY9T7KjO-0

However, when you go to the ship details and look at cabin info it says 110V only.

Someone with first had experience will no doubt chime in.

I did have first hand experience.
I wasn't trying to discount your reply. I just have seen the images of the round pin outlets and wondered if they were 220V. Did you try them? Someone has also just posted another image. Edited by Nezmo

Hello, my husband was wondering if there are any 220 outlets in the cabin on the Regal Princess. We will have a mini suite. We have purchased some products in Europe that require 220 to run.

Thanks,

Andrea

Yes they had the 2 round pin plug on the Royal in a standard balcony cabin so I guess the Regal is the same.

I wasn't trying to discount your reply. I just have seen the images of the round pin outlets and wondered if they were 220V. Did you try them? Someone has also just posted another image.

I never saw any European outlets in our full suite. We never used our adapters all cruise long. But it is true that I never did look UNDER the desk.

We were on the Regal last month. There were at least two European 220 outlets. One at the desk and the other under the bed.

edit: We were in a deluxe balcony, not a mini suite.

Edited by Jersey42

We had an inside cabin on the Regal one year ago. As previously reported there was one European plug at the desk. There was an additional European plug behind the bed but to use it, one of the bedside lights had to be disconnected and the bed had to be moved to reach it. The other bedside light was hard wired.

We had an inside cabin on the Regal one year ago. As previously reported there was one European plug at the desk. There was an additional European plug behind the bed but to use it, one of the bedside lights had to be disconnected and the bed had to be moved to reach it. The other bedside light was hard wired.

There was at least one unused 220 outlet under the bed. We used it with an adapter for a CPAP machine. It was much better than stretching an extension cord to the desk across the room. I am not sure if there were additional ones used by the table lamps.

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I will wait and see but it does look like the 220 plug in the photos and of course at least one of you has used it.

I bought a hair dryer while in Europe as well as a flat iron that I want to use during the trip. Sounds like I may get a chance to use them.

Andrea