Coffee and snack question.

sheerblindluck

First time cruiser here. It is my understanding that there is complimentary coffee. Do they offer sugar/creamer as well? Can we bring our own powdered creamer, instant coffee, hot cocoa mix, tea, and sweetener?

For snacks, I was wondering if we can bring granola bars and cashews for late night snacks in the cabin?

Thank you all!

FYI

The buffet area has beverages available, including coffee, available 24/7. The last time I sailed in January the ship I was on they had a new hot chocolate machine too.

Breakfast time they have juices out, and lunch dinner they have lemonade.

They also do have a store where you can buy some snacks and candy, etc. on board if you run out.

Also have ice cream available 24/7 in buffet too!:D

Never saw a reason to bring food on. Pizza open 24/7, coffee and hot choc always available and there is room service too

True, but sometimes people prefer a certain brand of (whatever) that the ship just doesn't carry. There can be medical reasons, too.

You free to bring snacks on the ship. We sometimes bring prepackaged snacks to take on excursions with us. Learned a good lesson from my sister there. We were in Jamaica on an excursion, stopped for snack. $8 for a very, very small bag of chips! Good reason to bring snacks.

Some people bring for dietary reasons. Whatever your reason,go for it.

Unless you need a special type of sweetener for coffee/tea, they have the major ones, including good old sugar;). No need for instant coffee, although some folks who think the Lido coffee is a tad on the weak side or want flavored coffee do bring packets of Starbucks Via. As I recall the tea bags are either Bigelow or Lipton brands, but that may not be correct. An assortment of herbal and non-herbal teas included decaf are usually available at any beverage station in the buffet area. If you prefer another type of tea, you're welcome to bring it on board. Same with snacks.

We always bring on our favorite brand of potato chips as this is one food item that is hard to find on board and what they have in the ship's store is costly. We also bring on our own soda which is Pepsi as the ship only carries Coke products. I still buy the Endless Bubbles package, but I like to have some Pepsi in the cabin.

Just make sure whatever you bring on is wrapped and/or packaged. I've brought on my own homemade chocolate chip cookies in the past:D because the then young DS loved them. He's 20 now and still loves them so I'll probably bring them on our upcoming Christmas cruise.

We always bring the individual flavored coffee creamers as well as individual snack size treats for the family. I've found that using a plastic over the door shoe holder works great for those items. We actually hook it on the wall somewhere if we can or side of a cabinet. Works great for lots of items ( sunglasses, camera, sunscreen, snacks, etc.)

Unless you need a special type of sweetener for coffee/tea, they have the major ones, including good old sugar;). No need for instant coffee, although some folks who think the Lido coffee is a tad on the weak side or want flavored coffee do bring packets of Starbucks Via. As I recall the tea bags are either Bigelow or Lipton brands, but that may not be correct. An assortment of herbal and non-herbal teas included decaf are usually available at any beverage station in the buffet area. If you prefer another type of tea, you're welcome to bring it on board. Same with snacks.

Do they have honey and milk? Yeah, I am kinda high maintenance with my coffee...

Have sailed on Carnival for last six years and the only good cup of coffee was at the paid shops. I like to bring the Starbucks packets for my coffee fix. As for snacks do not forget the room service. You do not have to pay and there is a good selection.

I too find the coffee a bit weak. so i have developed a taste for tea. The cruise ship uses Bigelow, I will do coffee in the morning, but spend the rest of the day having tea, Earl Gray for afternoon, Chamomile late night. Milk is easy to get, not so easy to find, but I would suggest taking your own honey. I have never seen that on board without having someone get it from the kitchen. That wont be a problem if you are having coffee in the MDR, but a bit hard to find near the coffee station on the Lido. It might be on the buffet at breakfast.

Since the switched coffee 3 years ago I find it tolerable. Prior to that it was undrinkable IMO.

We bring a few snacks with us. (Small bags of pretzels, cheese its, granola bars etc.) we find having something in the cabin quick is key. Sometimes room service takes too long or you just don't want that much food. Same logic for the buffet we don't find there's much to "snack" on. Or maybe it's just I don't have enough will power but I always wind up with more than I wanted!!

We don't bother to bring anything else with us though (cokes, water, booze etc.) the mini bar is sufficient for cravings.

First time cruiser here. It is my understanding that there is complimentary coffee. Do they offer sugar/creamer as well? Can we bring our own powdered creamer, instant coffee, hot cocoa mix, tea, and sweetener?

For snacks, I was wondering if we can bring granola bars and cashews for late night snacks in the cabin?

Thank you all!

You can bring any kind of sealed, packaged food/snacks you want. Saves Carnival money if you don't eat their stuff.

As far as sugar, creamer, sweetener - yes, but why would you (except for perhaps a favorite flavored creamer) ?

Edited by lizardhowson

Since the switched coffee 3 years ago I find it tolerable. Prior to that it was undrinkable IMO.

We bring a few snacks with us. (Small bags of pretzels, cheese its, granola bars etc.) we find having something in the cabin quick is key. Sometimes room service takes too long or you just don't want that much food. Same logic for the buffet we don't find there's much to "snack" on. Or maybe it's just I don't have enough will power but I always wind up with more than I wanted!!

We don't bother to bring anything else with us though (cokes, water, booze etc.) the mini bar is sufficient for cravings.

I didn't know they changed coffee brands 3 years ago but it does explain something. I like coffee to be very rich flavored and strong but not bitter and in the past all the cruise lines including Carnival have had coffee that has been too weak for me. For this reason I have always brought a small amount of Folgers instant with me. But for the past six cruises are so with Carnival I have not had to open my little Folgers bottle. I have been finding their coffee delicious. Especially the coffee served by room service. I think it must be fresher than what's served in the dining room.

Yes, they do offer honey and milk and half and half. We were on the Freedom and they had an espresso machine , free. I thought it was the worst tasting coffee until someone pointed it out to me, haha. They have a lot of different tea bags. I bring baggies and if I see a cookie at lunch I'll grab an extra to have later with my tea.