hasbro game show

Mr G RAY

You get picked out from the audience and have to answer a trivia question.

Everyone from the winning teams has an opportunity to win the grand prize. The few times we've seen it a 'cute young thing' had won. Both times the child was under 8.

The grand prize is a whole bunch of games (certificates?). The rest get a travel game.

Edited by SadieN

Yes, it's pretty obviously rigged so that a young child wins the grand prize, but it's still a lot of fun. They pull both adults and kids from the audience. Best way to get on is to act really excited and animated, wave your hand or jump up and down when they're asking the trivia questions (which are again easy enough for kids to answer).

I just got off the Carnival Miracle today and there were two contestants that got picked to participate in the Hasbro Game Show because they made gigantic posters and waved them all crazy like at the game show host.

You also have to answer a trivia question/guesstures question right to be able to be a contestant, although it's all incredibly easy. :)

The more you act like an idiot, stand on your head, jump up and down, wear a ridiculous costume, etc., the better chances are you will be picked to be a participant.

This is okay for entertainment at say 3pm in the afternoon but when we were on the Conquest it was the main theater entertainment for 2 different nights on a 7 day cruise. Talk about the worst entertainment for an evening...that was it.

I have to say that I too think the Hasbro Game is pretty lame. I cruise a LOT, so know many of the entertainment staff. As a result, I was selected to participate in the games recently, but it was still "not my cup of tea". I think the kids will enjoy it, but not so much for adults. :confused:

"SKY"

The more you act like an idiot, stand on your head, jump up and down, wear a ridiculous costume, etc., the better chances are you will be picked to be a participant.

This is okay for entertainment at say 3pm in the afternoon but when we were on the Conquest it was the main theater entertainment for 2 different nights on a 7 day cruise. Talk about the worst entertainment for an evening...that was it.

Our sentiments exactly!!! Families with kids seem to enjoy it, but it's a pathetic excuse for an evening's entertainment!

This is one of the lamest excuses ever to pass off as entertainment. If your idea of fun is to sit around watching children play parlor games, you will probably like it.

My wife and I went once, never again. There was an almost non stop line of passengers walking out of the theater in the middle of this "entertainment"

JMHO

Yes, it's pretty obviously rigged so that a young child wins the grand prize, but it's still a lot of fun. They pull both adults and kids from the audience. Best way to get on is to act really excited and animated, wave your hand or jump up and down when they're asking the trivia questions (which are again easy enough for kids to answer).

I agree with most of this. However, in the two Hasbro shows I saw, the grand prize winners were both adults, and only one or two of the semifinalists were kids. There weren't many kids on this particular cruise, so that was a factor.

Count me as one of the few among this crowd that actually liked it. I thought it was good, cheesy fun in the Carnival tradition.

Agree 100%. If you look at audience in the evening you see lots and lots of empty seats. Pathetic as evening entertainment.

We could only stand it for about 15 minutes. We were incredulous that it was passed off as evening entertainment.

Though as others said, the kiddies and their parents seemed to enjoy it. It should be a Camp Carnival activity to us.