all inclusive aruba

southernkel4

we will be in aruba next month and wondering, if there are any all inclusive resorts that donday passes. if so what kinda transportation to get to them:) thanks in advance

We are doing the de palm island all inclusive with ncl for the third time. Nice little island with food and alcoholic beverages and regular beverages included. It is a nice place to relax with amenities. Ncl just made it a 7 hour excursion so we can't wait. It used to be 4 hours.

The Occidental is an all inclusive and offers day passes on caribbeandaypass.com. I think it's $77 but you have to get a taxi to take you there and bring you back to the ship. Friends of mine do this when they cruise there and I'm gonna do it next year when I go.

I've been doing some research on the same thing. Here is what I've found so far:

This website lists several resorts that offer day passes (not sure of accuracy):

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/resort-day-passes-47689/

Occidental is offering day passes (at least in November). They can be purchased in advance from the hotel for $78 by emailing: rcconcierge1@aw.occidentalhotels.com

However, when I asked about the cancellation policy if the ship doesn't dock, I was told, "no cancellation policy". I've also found two third party sites that sell day passes:

http://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/aruba/occidental-grand-resort-day-pass-all-inclusive.html

and

http://caribbeandaypass.com/#/occidental-grand-aruba/4558320715

The first allows for cancellation for any reason, but it costs $84.99. I've found other posts here of people that have used the site. The second allows for cancellation in case the ship doesn't dock, and costs $77. But I'm having trouble finding anyone who has used the site before.

We are currently debating if we want to: 1) Risk that the day passes are sold out for the day and just book when we arrive at the hotel. 2) Pay more to guarantee our spot & cancel, if needed, from a site that others have used 3) Pay less then all three from an unknown site.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Unlike some other islands, especially those like Grand Cayman which are tender only, it is EXTREMELY rare that a ship misses a call in Aruba.

True, however....do you want to pay $300+ for a windy/rainy day at a beach? We just forfeited a deposit in Nassau for that reason.

Sorry you had a bad experience in Nassau.

Great reason to head to Aruba. ;)

Average rainfall of only 21 inches a year.

So far this year the island has had 3.42 inches of rain. http://www.meteo.aw/files/Download/2015.pdf

Customarily most of the rainfall in Aruba falls mainly over night and early morning. Daytime there will be a brief passing shower.

I was researching all inclusive resort day passes over the weekend and received the following information directly from two local resorts:

Occidental Grand Aruba Hotel, per the Manager on Duty-

"Day passes are available and can be bought in advance. The Day pass has a cost of $ 78.00 for adults and kids under the age of 12 pay half price $39,-. The day pass starts from 9:00a.m. up until 6:00p.m. and Includes food, all drinks and non-motorized watersports."

Marriott Renaissance Aruba, per a Marriott Customer Care Rep-

"This hotel sells day passes for $99 per person per day. It includes island access, towels, lunch, a drink, and kayaking. You may contact the hotel directly for further local information. You can find more details about everything this hotel offers at the webpage below:

www.marriott.com/AUABR"

I do know the Marriott Renaissance has a private island with flamingos roaming around on the beach! That might make up for the one drink only inclusion;-)

We have only been to Aruba on a land based stay and never at an AI. We did stay a night at the Renaissance Aruba and I didn't know that they did AI. Their private island is great and the Flamingos are pretty cool.

I can vouch for Shore Excursioneer. We booked with them for our last two cruises and we had good experiences with what they offered, though they are just a consolidator. The good thing is that you pay a small deposit and can cancel. Be sure to check out the cancellation policy though. In the case of our tours, we had to cancel within 72 hours to get the deposit back. That would mean in many cases you have to cancel prior to your cruise. The cancellation policies did indicate that if you didn't cancel and were a no show that they could charge the full price to your credit card. Though I don't know how they would do that since we paid with PayPal.

We took a cab up to the Divi resort on Eagle Beach. The resort sells a la cartel tickets for food and drink and you can use their chairs and palapas if you have bought tickets. I think they have an all inclusive pass but we're not big drinkers so it didn't pay. Nice resort and a very nice beach!

Divi All Inclusive is on Druif Beach and very close to the cruise terminal.

By any chance do you recall the price of the coupons for food and beverage so folks have an idea of cost?

I want to say the tickets we $2 US ea. A beer was 2 tickets, a soft drink 1 and a cocktail was 3 or 4. Not bad at all.

Is there more than one Divi? I thought this was at Eagle Beach.

• 1 month later...

We love the Renaissance private island. They are walking distance from the ship and their boat picks you up right in their lobby. Very convenient.

Once you get to their private island, you choose one of two beaches. The one with the flamingos doesn't allow children. It is beautiful and tranquil. The restaurant is by the beach that allows kids.